Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 (F23g)
CPU
Intel Core i5-7400
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 560 4GB
I bought GV-N1050WF2OC-2GD (GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Windforce OC 2G) thinking it would be an easy install. It wasn't. After installing NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers, removing Inject NVidia and adding NvidiaWeb true, the system would boot, but give a no signal message once in High Sierra (10.13.2). I've tried adding nvda_drv=1, but no change. So I added NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, and Lilu, and boot flag shikigva=12 and now it's working.
To me, it's seems like a mess. I would appreciate if anyone could explain a simple and minimal way of getting this video card to work.

I would appreciate if anyone could explain a simple and minimal way of getting this video card to work.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP completely - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6 - Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts.
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4 (or lower)
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Thank you, but you have managed to add even more nonsense like LiluFriend. Maybe the Buyers Guide shouldn't state " As of Tuesday, April 11th, NVIDIA ‘Pascal’ graphics cards are now fully supported!" It's misleading and doesn't work as described.

you have managed to add even more nonsense like LiluFriend.
I said that you may need it not that you must install it - It's not nonsense if it works.

Maybe the Buyers Guide shouldn't state " As of Tuesday, April 11th, NVIDIA ‘Pascal’ graphics cards are now fully supported!" It's misleading and doesn't work as described.
You only see what you want to see.

The Buyer's Guide said:
All current NVIDIA GeForce ‘Pascal’ based graphics cards listed here require alternate NVIDIA graphics drivers to enable full acceleration. See here for details

I bought GV-N1050WF2OC-2GD (GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Windforce OC 2G) thinking it would be an easy install. It wasn't. After installing NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers, removing Inject NVidia and adding NvidiaWeb true, the system would boot, but give a no signal message once in High Sierra (10.13.2). I've tried adding nvda_drv=1, but no change. So I added NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, and Lilu, and boot flag shikigva=12 and now it's working.
To me, it's seems like a mess. I would appreciate if anyone could explain a simple and minimal way of getting this video card to work.

what is your system definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back