Contribute
Register

Guild Wars 2 MAC Beta released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played the game for a few hours and all I can say is I'm HOOKED.

The game is gorgeous and even though the client is a BETA, I have not ran into any glitches or bugs that affect gameplay. However, there were a few bugs in the character selection screen where text didn't show up in the buttons, but if I hover over them, they finally appear.

I'm going to play some more tomorrow, but overall the client is great and I recommend this game to anyone who is looking for a good MMO to play!

So it worth it and would it run better than pc?

I don't have a basis for comparison, as I do not have a Dual-boot setup. However, the game is running fantastic on my Hackintosh. (Details in the signature)

The client is still in Beta mode and is free if you bought the game, so I would suggest giving it a try. I play SC2 on my rig as well and have not had issues either.

What System Definition do you have?
Mine is imac 12,2 and i have very bad lags and low fps while moving the camera.
It seems that only some people have this problem.

Running it on following spec:

Mac Pro 5,1
i5 2500K @ 4Ghz
16GB Ram
660 Ti 2GB
27" 2560x1440

Everything runs perfectly fine, after some finetuning within the game settings !
55-60 fps or so !

I played it at first on my PC partition and I was running everything at MAX with around 40 FPS. Now I play on mac ( I hate switching to windows just to play) and I lost around 10 FPS, same machine, same settings....

Check the thread here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1445088

Most people notice good enough performance, but not as good as in bootcamp....

Hopefully they will keep optimizing the game!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back