Contribute
Register

[Guide] Zenbook S14 (X411U, S410U) Mojave/Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
is SSDT-XOSI really required? I am using OpenCore for S410UN-NS74 to Multiboot Catalina and W10. OpenCore does not recommend XOSI patch since they tend to break Windows.
You could probably get it to work without SSDT-XOSI and OSI->XOSI renames, but I've never tried that.
My guess is that some STA methods need to be modified if you go without OSI->XOSI. Only way to find out is to try it.

You could probably get it to work without SSDT-XOSI and OSI->XOSI renames, but I've never tried that.
My guess is that some STA methods need to be modified if you go without OSI->XOSI. Only way to find out is to try it.
It works fine. I am using SSDT-GPIO for touchpad with your SSDT-ELAN. FN keys fixed with your SSDTs but power button got broken. Using FN+F1 (Sleep) to sleep without closing lid. Also I couldn't get Backlight to working (latest SSDT-PNLF from WhateverGreen with correct pathing). would appreciate help on Backlight.
mysetup.jpg

It takes a minute to sleep or shutdown. Is this normal? It seems pretty slow to me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.3 KB · Views: 98
It works fine. I am using SSDT-GPIO for touchpad with your SSDT-ELAN. FN keys fixed with your SSDTs but power button got broken. Using FN+F1 (Sleep) to sleep without closing lid. Also I couldn't get Backlight to working (latest SSDT-PNLF from WhateverGreen with correct pathing). would appreciate help on Backlight.
View attachment 488619

It takes a minute to sleep or shutdown. Is this normal? It seems pretty slow to me.
you'll need to upload an acpi dump (patchmatic), as well as your EFI (OC) folder.
Also please attach output of
Code:
log show --predicate "process=='kernel'" | grep ACPI
and
Code:
pmset -g log

you'll need to upload an acpi dump (patchmatic), as well as your EFI (OC) folder.
Also please attach output of
Code:
log show --predicate "process=='kernel'" | grep ACPI
and
Code:
pmset -g log
I fixed backlight. Due to intel's weird naming i though i had coffee lake but turns out it was Kaby Lake Refresh. So set iGPU id to Kaby Lake one and it worked. fn keys mostly work except brightness keys. Power button stopped working after fnkeys SSDT. Using FN+F1 combo to sleep without closing lid. didnt modified anything on your FNKEYS patch
here is OC folder and ACPI dump

Attachments

• OC and logs.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 116
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
I fixed backlight. Due to intel's weird naming i though i had coffee lake but turns out it was Kaby Lake Refresh. So set iGPU id to Kaby Lake one and it worked. fn keys mostly work except brightness keys. Power button stopped working after fnkeys SSDT. Using FN+F1 combo to sleep without closing lid. didnt modified anything on your FNKEYS patch
here is OC folder and ACPI dump

You need to recreate the FN key patches- this can be done by following the AsusSMC wiki. I think the acpi patches need to be updated, but the ssdt is fine.
Actually, can you try changing the brightness on the login window first? If this works, then it's a macos configuration problem.

Hello, did you usb-c port work with an usb-c to hdmi hub ? Ty

Hello, did you usb-c port work with an usb-c to hdmi hub ? Ty
Hi, the USB C port is only USB C - it doesn't have thunderbolt or displayport capability.
If you want HDMI, you'll need to use the HDMI port on High Sierra, as the port is routed through the Nvidia MX150 card. But even if you switch to High Sierra, I have no clue if the card will work due to Optimus, or if the existing audio layout will work.
In short, the hdmi port doesn't work on MacOS, and the USB-C can't output display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back