Contribute
Register

[Guide] Z97MX-Gaming 5 | i7 4790K | GTX 970 G1 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not change darkwake on mine.

Haven't experienced any crashes after waking up after sleep, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do :)

I did not change darkwake on mine.

Haven't experienced any crashes after waking up after sleep, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do :)

In which port do you have your speakers connected? If you are looking at the audio ports from the front, which one is it connected to?

Thanks n3oNLit3!

I found this thread while trying to fix my USB3 ports. Putting those kexts in fixed it. I found it easiest to mount the EFI partition with Clover Configurator and drop the files into place.

I did notice one difference. I had EHCI Hand-off Disabled in my BIOS. I Enabled it, but don't see any difference. USB3 was working fine with it Disabled.

One small problem I'm having is my 1866 RAM is showing up at 1777 in the System Profiler. It shows up as 1867 in the BIOS.

AboutThisMac_2016-02-22.png RAM_1777_2016-02-22.png

Thanks n3oNLit3!
One small problem I'm having is my 1866 RAM is showing up at 1777 in the System Profiler. It shows up as 1867 in the BIOS.

I fixed this by enabling Trust option under SMBIOS in Clover Configurator.

i would just like to say thanks to the OP for this awesome guide! have the same motherboard and it worked brill!

Have you guys experienced any issues with sleep? I have noticed that something always seems to break after the computer goes through few sleep cycles. The most it has gone without issues is 2 days. The most recent thing that went wrong was the System Preferences would crash if I tried to open it. A restart did fix this but its things like this that's getting annoying. This one time, I could not click on any of the options in the menu bar.

Hi guys I seem to have ran into a problem, I've followed the guide to a tee and installed the graphics card once everything else was done, but as soon as I put it back in after initialising the drives, the display is slightly stretched and I have graphical glitches here there and everywhere, it also seems to have removed the option to have any input or outputs for sound. I'm really stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back