Contribute
Register

[Guide] Z97MX-Gaming 5 | i7 4790K | GTX 970 G1 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I tried iMessage, I was able to login and it does recognize the account since I received other device login alert on my iphone. However, when I tried to create a conversation, the receiver is marked red:
imessage issue 1.png

When I messaged out, it shows: The receiver is not registered with iMessage.
imessage issue 2.png

Anyone had similar issue?

Hi. Thank you for a very detailed guide. Even though my system is slightly different, I was able to install El Capitan on my computer with mostly great results.

I can however, not get the system to re-enable sound after it wakes up from sleep :(

My system is as follows:

Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard (F5 Bios)
Intel i5 4690K (stock speed)
16GB Crucial Ballistix RAM (2x 4GB and 1x8GB)
240GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury SSD (Sata connection)

Sound works perfectly fine when I boot my computer. But once it wakes from sleep the sound is gone, and so is the input/output choices for sound in System Preferences. I have AppleHDAReset installed and running of course, but it doesn't work for me. If I choose to reset AppleHDA when sound is working the audio also breaks :/

I'm on the latest version of El Cap. Got all the Intel 9 Chipset stuff up and running according to your guide. I didn't do the CPU DDST-part, because that resulted in an idle speed of around 2.5Ghz whereas the CPU runs at about 0.8 to 1.5Ghz without the resulting DDST.aml file. According to Cinebench there is no performance difference at all, so I guess I could just ignore this step?

I've got the F5 BIOS, and according to the Gigabyte website I can't downgrade to F4. Should I instead try to upgrade to F6?

Any help with this audio problem would be greatly appreciated. I would also love some thoughts on my CPU situation. It seems to run just fine as said, but I'd like to know if I'm missing something by not using that DDST file :)

Hey n3oNLit3, I am planning to follow this guide as I have purchased the same hardware. I just wanted to know if there's anything new that you have done with your setup. All the files that you have posted, are they the latest ones?

Hi. I know that :) I tried creating my own using the guide that was linked to. Sorry I wasn't clear on that :)

Wow, you absolutely rule for writing this up. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

May I ask what you did to get iMessage working?

I was successfully able to get my hackintosh working as well.

Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard (F7 Bios)
Intel i5 4690K (stock speed/stock cooler)
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400mhz (2x 8GB )
250GB Samsung 850 (Sata connection)

I'm running the newest bios F7, and my power management seems to be doing awesome without having to do anything. My computer idles at 30 Celsius. All my USB ports work. I have not been able to get my audio or iMessage working, but I was able to get my TP-Link wifi card working.

I now have iMessage working, my problem was easy I somehow lost my wifi connection. For anything who needs iMessage it was really easy I just followed this video:

[video=youtube;enW2S2XN1pc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enW2S2XN1pc&list=PLaG5qtViNZ6M6-QSDHG6bLdvlE87qHb7H[/video]​

I'm trying to get my 560 Ti working, I installed the Nvidia drivers, and I have set nvda_drv=1. When the computer tries to boot up, it restarts and gets stuck. Anyone else having issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back