Contribute
Register

[Guide] Z97MX-Gaming 5 | i7 4790K | GTX 970 G1 | OS X 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated to OS X 10.11.2
December 9, 2015 - Successful update via MAS. Update did not affect USB 2.0/3.0. Audio remained after update​
View attachment 166333

What do we do with the SSDT.aml file?

Also, could you share your config? (same system other than gpu)

thank you very much for the excellent guide.
I bought all the hardware of your list and followed perfectly all points. I must say that everything work fine, except for two points.
1° The mainboard gigabyte z97mx gaming5 not start with 4 Crucial Ballistic tactical 8 GB RAM modules, will only work with two modules (only 16GB on bank 3 and 4 ), I have seen from the screenshots you posted that you have installed only 2 banks, have you found a solution to use 4 Bank and then 32gb?
The network card on board mainboard does not work, I tried many ways but I could not make it work :banghead:, have you succeeded?
thanks again for the wonderful guide.:thumbup::headbang:

hi
My mainboard gigabyte z97mx gaming5 not start with 4 Crucial Ballistix RAM modules, will only work with two modules, have found a solution to use the 4 bank and then 32gb?
the network card on board mainboard does not work, I tried many ways but I could not make it work, have you succeeded?
thanks

Hi n3oNLit3,
This is such a great guide, super detailed and clear. It helps me all the way from the beginning to the end. Without your effort I won't be able to get it done so smoothly.
I wish I can find some assist on PM portion. toleda's instruction is just too difficult for newbie like me to understand. I honestly don't know how to give it a try (can you tip me where to learn putting kext in place like /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11).

Jason

Here is a most recent copy of my SSDT: View attachment 163692

Hello n3oNLit3, what really bugs me, that when i create SSDT.aml with ssdtPRGen.sh on my machine for 4790K i don't have Power Nap checkbox in Energy Saver panel. When i use yours SSDT.aml Power Nap checkbox is here... when i compare both SSDTs i find only differences in this:

mine
External (_SB_.CPU0, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU1, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU2, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU3, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU4, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU5, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU6, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_.CPU7, DeviceObj)

yours
External (_PR_.CPU0, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU1, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU2, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU3, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU4, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU5, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU6, DeviceObj)
External (_PR_.CPU7, DeviceObj)

CPU speed stepping work with both SSDTs... Does anyone know differences between _SB_ and _PR_?

EDIT: I find reason why i have _SB_ in generated SSDT.aml. I need put mine DSDT.aml to ssdtPRGen folder. It generates SSDT with _PR_ now.

Thanks so much man for writing this up. After my install of El Capitan on my initial build I couldn't get the system running on Chimera. i was super nervous about diving into Clover yet having no experience with it, but your guide plus, Tony's made it super easy. I have to be honest, so far this build has been easier and more stable than any other one I've done and I believe between myself and friends this is like number 9-10.

I do have one question that is driving me batty. I cannot for the life of me get my 970 to use the display port outs. I had all ports running on the old build, but that was on Chimera and I'm super uneducated on Clover.

I can run the HDMI and one DVI, but the issue is that I need to run 60z on my 4k Dell. It runs SUPER choppy at 30z from the HDMI.

Have you hooked anything up on your via the DP? The only difference in our builds is that I have the 970 mini 4GB and I installed a wifi card.

I'd love any insight here as it really is the only think keeping me from being completely up and running again. I'd really love to be able to run my two monitors and my Cintiq all at the same time.

Thanks for any help!

- Holto

PS I have my bios set to PCI display boot. and the internal is enabled, since it does the weird black screen after the apple if I don't. I can hear sounds but get no display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back