Contribute
Register

[Guide] Z/H97N-WIFI with Nvidia Graphics using Clover UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, Just curious if these SSDT's work fine with High Sierra and what I would have to do to ugrade? Any major differences in installation? Thanks!

So heres a guide on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 up and running on Z97N-WIFI, H97N-WIFI With Nvidia Graphics. This guide will work with 10.9, 10.10. Although I run Mavericks on a second partition.

Guide to install 10.11.6 with Intel HD 4600.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tel-hd4600-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.203416/

Guide to install 10.11.6 With Nvidia Graphics.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-graphics-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.206282/

My configuration on my H97N-WIFI Build.
  • GA-H97N-WIFI.
  • Core i7 4790.
  • Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 760 3 monitors.
  • Corsair RM 650.
  • Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB.
  • Bitfenix Prodigy Case.
  • Apple BCM94602CS in Mini PCI-E Adaptor.
  • Apple Magic Mouse 2, Apple Keyboard 2.
  • 3x ASUS VE248H.

This Guide will also work on Z97N-WIFI Also other Z97/H87 boards will work with this guide.

Things you will need.

16GB USB Flash Drive
macOS Sierra 10.12 downloaded from Mac App Store.
A Mac or a working Hackintosh to download macOS 10.12.1 from Mac App Store and to create installation Pen Drive.
Set of SSDTs. Credits to Rehabman for his help with SSDT-USB & SSDT-HACK.
New set of Config.plists. installer_nvidia_graphics & post_install_nvidia_graphics are for native cards that don't require Nvidia Web Drivers. installer_nvidia_graphics_nvdia_disable=1 & post_install_nvidia_graphics_nvidiaweb are for cards that requires Nvidia Web Drivers.

Bios Settings

You can use factory defaults. But due to my SSDT-UIAC I recommend to have XHCI set to enabled not Auto. VT-d can be left to enabled only if you have dart=0 in config.plist. If you decide to disable VT-d then no need to worry about having dart=0 in config.plist. Recommend not using Beta BIOS. Stay at BIOS F8. Set Boot settings to UEFI Only. Enable XMP Profile 1.

Creating USB

I used createmediainstall using Terminal and install Clover Manually.

Erase USB Boot stick as OS X Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition Map. Naming the Drive as USB. Open. Terminal and copy and paste.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app

Wait till files are done copying. Now we can move onto install Clover to the Pen drive. At the time of this guide Clover version was 3882.

Open up Clover. Continue, Continue again, Change install location to you're USB drive. Now click on Customise, Now we need to install correct settings for Clover.

To Clone my fork you will need to download developer tools and install using Terminal.

Code:
git

Now to Clone my fork using Terminal.

Code:
mkdir~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches
cd~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches
git clone https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches.git

Location of files from my fork will be downloaded to ~(You're Name).

Settings for Clover.

Install For UEFI Booting only.
Install Clover in the ESP.
Theme (select one as you prefer I choose bootcamp)
Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (Don't use OsxAptioFixDrv2 it causes problems)
Now you can install Clover. Don't forget to put HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI and remove VBoxHFS-64.efi. Now we need to put FakeSMC & Ethernet kext, USBInjectAll in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Remove 10+ folders. FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet.kext can be downloaded from downloads section.
You will need to replace the config with installer_nvidia_graphics or installer_nvidia_graphics_nvdia_disable=1. rename to config.
Ethernet kexts you will need depends on which Ethernet port you use. I use IntelMausiEthernet.kext which is on my Github.
USBinjectAll can be downloaded from Rehabmans Fork. Read Readme first.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

Once creating you're Clover Boot stick you can now get into installing macOS. At BIOS hit F12 and boot from UEFI Pen Drive. Now Boot and install macOS.

We no longer need to boot into macOS Without Cache as macOS boots with prelinked kernel anyway.

Post Installation

At Post Installation you will need to install Clover to you're boot drive. Its pretty much the same as the Pen drive installation. Except you need to put in place the correct config & SSDTs.
Install For UEFI Booting only.
Install Clover in the ESP.
Theme (select one as you prefer I choose bootcamp)
Drivers64UEFI, OsxAptioFixDrv. (Don't use OsxAptioFixDrv2 it causes problems)
You can choose EmuVaribles if it makes you feel nervous but I didnt. Now you can install Clover. Don't forget to put HFSPlus.efi in Drivers64UEFI and remove VBoxHFS-64.efi. Now we need to install FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet.kext and USBinjectall in Library/Extensions. Kexts can be downloaded from downloads section.
You will need to replace the config with post_install_nvidia_graphics or post_install_nvidia_graphics_nvidiaweb rename to config.plist. Only need too install Nvidia Web Drivers if you're Nvidia Graphics Card requires Nvidia Web Drivers.
Ethernet kexts you will need depends on which Ethernet port you use. I use IntelMausiEthernet.kext which is on my Github.
download USBinjectall from Rehabmans fork. Read readme.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

Now we need to put in place a few SSDTs. SSDTs we need are,

Code:
SSDT-HACK

These set of SSDTs go in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
Remove config.plist and replace it with the one called post_install_nvidia_graphics or post_install_nvidia_graphics_nvidiaweb and rename to config.plist.

Now we can reboot and boot into macOS without the Pen Drive.

For Native Powermanagement you will need to generate a SSDT using Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh.Guide can be found here. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

For Audio. There are two options here. You can use Toledas Clover Audio Injection but I choose to use RehabMans CodecCommander SSDT & CodecCommander.kext. RehabMans CodecCommander can be found on his Fork. But you can Clone his fork. Look at guide to clone his DH67BL fork. Guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-dh67xx-with-hd3000-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.190228/

As Hibernation isn't supported on a Hackintosh (You will need to disable suspend to disk or S4 sleep) You will need to disable it in Terminal.

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

After updates you may notice that Audio has stopped working. This can be fixed in Terminal.

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Note.

Trim is enabled by the configs in my fork. No need to use sudo trimforce in Terminal. I prefer to use Clovers Fly on patching for Trim.

What works.

Native Power Management.
Full Graphics Acceleration with GTX760.
Sleep/Including Audio after sleep state.
3 Monitors using Nvidia GTX760.
Ethernet Intel & Atheros. But i choose to use Intel NIC.
iMessage and FaceTime. Although i didn't follow the iMessage guide.
USB 3 with full speed.

Beats 1 works but iTunes movies doesn't play due to DRM Protection can be fixed by using Shiki. https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/releases

Link for iMessage fix https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/

Link to Github for Config and Set of SSDTs & Configs.. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches

I'm confused as to why this NVIDIA Guide for 10.12.1 uses "SSDT-Hack" whereas the NVIDIA one for 10.11.6 uses the one for dedicated graphics "SSDT-GFX0".

I messed up my previous 10.12.6 setup which was working perfectly, I had originally followed your Guide when it had something like 12 loose ssdt's.
When attempting to update Clover I deleted and reformatted the EFI partition by mistake so was forced to try fresh install.

I have now installed HS following this Nvidia 10.12.1 Guide and you now use a single SSDT.
In any case I've tried both HACK and then GFX0 but it always boots to a black screen with the mouse arrow.
I have also tried using your previous loose SSDT's with the original config.plist but same thing.

I used APFS, do you think this is the problem? I Have a Samsung EVO SSD so thought it would still work, The system boots perfectly with the USB Clover and runs smooth.

EDIT: I have now redone the whole thing but with HFS+ instead of APFS, same thing...
I guess what I am trying to say is that since a direct update of the system wouldn't have probably brought issues other than sound and/or the APFS part of it I thought that following this Guide for High Sierra would be the same ? But I see no, no matter what I do it always goes to a black screen with the mouse arrow, I get to move the arrow but if I click it then disappears and that's it, it stays all black when it passes the apple logo.

I'm on Clover 4223

Thanks @VioletDragon

Last edited:
@VioletDragon

cd~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches

I believe these commands are missing a space before "~" , it could not make them work until I figured it out ?

ALSO, It now seems to ask for a github username and password when cloning?

@VioletDragon

cd~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches

I believe these commands are missing a space before "~" , it could not make them work until I figured it out ?

ALSO, It now seems to ask for a github username and password when cloning?

Probably didn't Copy & Paste them correctly. They work here on my Server.

Code:
Server:~ server$ mkdir~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches
-bash: mkdir~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches: No such file or directory
Server:~ server$ cd~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches
-bash: cd~/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches: No such file or directory
Server:~ server$ git clone https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches.git
Cloning into 'Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches'...
remote: Counting objects: 274, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (9/9), done.
remote: Total 274 (delta 3), reused 10 (delta 3), pack-reused 262
Receiving objects: 100% (274/274), 273.51 KiB | 811.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (141/141), done.
Server:~ server$

I'm confused as to why this NVIDIA Guide for 10.12.1 uses "SSDT-Hack" whereas the NVIDIA one for 10.11.6 uses the one for dedicated graphics "SSDT-GFX0".

I messed up my previous 10.12.6 setup which was working perfectly, I had originally followed your Guide when it had something like 12 loose ssdt's.
When attempting to update Clover I deleted and reformatted the EFI partition by mistake so was forced to try fresh install.

I have now installed HS following this Nvidia 10.12.1 Guide and you now use a single SSDT.
In any case I've tried both HACK and then GFX0 but it always boots to a black screen with the mouse arrow.
I have also tried using your previous loose SSDT's with the original config.plist but same thing.

I used APFS, do you think this is the problem? I Have a Samsung EVO SSD so thought it would still work, The system boots perfectly with the USB Clover and runs smooth.

EDIT: I have now redone the whole thing but with HFS+ instead of APFS, same thing...
I guess what I am trying to say is that since a direct update of the system wouldn't have probably brought issues other than sound and/or the APFS part of it I thought that following this Guide for High Sierra would be the same ? But I see no, no matter what I do it always goes to a black screen with the mouse arrow, I get to move the arrow but if I click it then disappears and that's it, it stays all black when it passes the apple logo.

I'm on Clover 4223

Thanks @VioletDragon

This guide uses SSDT-GFX0. SSDT-GFX0 is for Dedicated Graphics. Its obvious. SSDT-HACK is for IGPU.

This guide uses SSDT-GFX0. SSDT-GFX0 is for Dedicated Graphics. Its obvious. SSDT-HACK is for IGPU.

Not so obvious to me apparently :lol:.
I've been reading this Guide about 30 times and it always showed the SSDT-HACK one, I suppose the edit you made was to correct that. Thanks for that, now it shows SSDT-GFX0.

In any case. no difference. This is my Clover folder attached.

Other than that there is the 3 kexts installed in L/E as per the Guide.

My Nvidia Card is a Geforce 210

Clover is 4223

I have to always select Inject Nvidia at Clover boot in order to boot, but I have always tried also without injecting it for every change I would try. No luck whatsoever.
Also booting from the USB Clover will require Inject Nvidia.

Have you manage to update your H97N-Wifi Setup with no problems?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 67
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • iMac.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
Not so obvious to me apparently :lol:.
I've been reading this Guide about 30 times and it always showed the SSDT-HACK one, I suppose the edit you made was to correct that. Thanks for that, now it shows SSDT-GFX0.

In any case. no difference. This is my Clover folder attached.

Other than that there is the 3 kexts installed in L/E as per the Guide.

My Nvidia Card is a Geforce 210

Clover is 4223

I have to always select Inject Nvidia at Clover boot in order to boot, but I have always tried also without injecting it for every change I would try. No luck whatsoever.
Also booting from the USB Clover will require Inject Nvidia.

Have you manage to update your H97N-Wifi Setup with no problems?

Yes. Ive corrected it.
What exactly is the issue your having?
Native Powermanagement is not implemented.
I have not bothered upgrading my H97N-WIFI build as its my Server.

Hey man, Just curious if these SSDT's work fine with High Sierra and what I would have to do to ugrade? Any major differences in installation? Thanks!

There is no changes with High Sierra. Patches remains the same. Although I recommend staying with HFS+J.

Here's new files... had to reflash bios.
it's normal I have to boot with -f every time I mess with kext or EFI folder ?
I heard about my ssd had problem with trim enabled, I have the 840 samsung (not evo).
better disabling?

I have the kext's installed in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT'S/OTHER (post installation)

Can I use them in that folder?

EDIT: I had wrong SMBIOS plus webdrivers troubles

EDIT TWO: one stick of RAM is gone...

I haven't seen any random restarts or KP in a while

here's new set of files

Using incorrect SSDT. SSDT-HACK is for IGPU. You should be using SSDT-GFX0.
SSDT-GFX0 needs to be paired with post_install_nvidia_graphics_nvidiaweb.

Yes. Ive corrected it.
What exactly is the issue your having?
Native Powermanagement is not implemented.
I have not bothered upgrading my H97N-WIFI build as its my Server.

So it technically boots from SSD, as in it doesn't crash or reboot, it just after the Apple Logo completes (which takes longer than usual) it goes to a black screen and I can see the mouse arrow, I can move it around, but nothing shows, it is all black, both screens are black. And if I click once the arrow disappears.

I can only boot from USB at the moment, so it seems something is wrong Graphic-wise maybe?

I didn't implement power management as it comes after being able to boot from SSD fine which I can't at the moment.
- I just did it, I implemented power management, same thing.

Oh ,I see , you'll wait then. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back