Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580

You have some rather impossible values coming from your DSDT.

MaxCapacity=0x22b
DesignCapacity=0x22b
CurrentCapacity=0x61172

Either the DSDT you're using is not your own, or you applied patches inappropriate for your DSDT.

- Now I read fresh DSDT for my computer [attached]
- Next applied patches from your repository [attached] {Audio Layout, bat for Lenovo Y580, HD3000/4000 High Res, Rename GFX0 to IGPU, Brightness fix (HD3000/4000), Remove LID0._PRW, Fix _WAK Arg) v2, HPET Fix, IRQ Fix, OS Check Fix, RTC Fix, Shutdown fix v2, SMBUS Fix, 7-series/8-series USB)
- patchmatic output [attached]
- grep output [attached]
- ioreg [attached]

Battery icon don't work as on attached picture.

What's next?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    42.1 KB · Views: 124
  • patchmatic.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Janusz-mac.ioreg.zip
    453.9 KB · Views: 87
  • appleintelacpiplat.zip
    515 bytes · Views: 79
  • Fresh-DSDT.dsl.zip
    28 KB · Views: 94
  • Zrzut ekranu 2014-11-10 o 19.28.41.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2014-11-10 o 19.28.41.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 103

- Now I read fresh DSDT for my computer [attached]
- Next applied patches from your repository [attached] {Audio Layout, bat for Lenovo Y580, HD3000/4000 High Res, Rename GFX0 to IGPU, Brightness fix (HD3000/4000), Remove LID0._PRW, Fix _WAK Arg) v2, HPET Fix, IRQ Fix, OS Check Fix, RTC Fix, Shutdown fix v2, SMBUS Fix, 7-series/8-series USB)
- patchmatic output [attached]
- grep output [attached]
- ioreg [attached]

Battery icon don't work as on attached picture.

What's next?

You still have the same thing going on with your Capacities (look in ioreg).

You must be using a patch that is inappropriate for your computer.

You still have the same thing going on with your Capacities (look in ioreg).

You must be using a patch that is inappropriate for your computer.

That's strange because I'm adding only Your patches to vanilla DSDT of this coputer.
May booting from USB stick witch Chimera makes a case? There is no DSDT.aml in /Extra folder.

J.

That's strange because I'm adding only Your patches to vanilla DSDT of this coputer.
May booting from USB stick witch Chimera makes a case? There is no DSDT.aml in /Extra folder.

J.

Who says the battery patch in the repo is correct for your computer??

There can be differences between models, differences between BIOS versions, or even mistakes made previously in the patch.

You should work through the guide with your native DSDT:
Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

And you can always debug the DSDT code with ACPIDebug: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

Bottom line: You need to figure out why it is returning data that is clearly not valid.

Found problem.
After sleep my headphones doesn't work (but worked well in 10.9 more then 6 months). Only speakers.
I use CodecCommander.kext with updated plist (20 & 21 Node) from 10.9.

My IOReg after awakening

Attachments

• Y580-MAC.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 145

Found problem.
After sleep my headphones doesn't work (but worked well in 10.9 more then 6 months). Only speakers.
I use CodecCommander.kext with updated plist (20 & 21 Node) from 10.9.

My IOReg after awakening

Try latest CodecCommander.kext. No need to edit the Info.plist...

Who says the battery patch in the repo is correct for your computer??

There can be differences between models, differences between BIOS versions, or even mistakes made previously in the patch.

You should work through the guide with your native DSDT:
Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

And you can always debug the DSDT code with ACPIDebug: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

Bottom line: You need to figure out why it is returning data that is clearly not valid.

I tried to go throught Your Battery Guide. Its very complicated for me. Probably beyond my understanding. When I was frustrated and almost wanted to quit -
something magic happend: I updated Chameleon to the 2466 newest version and:
- I can boot from hard drive (not only as before from USB stick)
- Battery icon works!!!
Great!
Thank you very much!

Finally installed. Card reader works, hdmi output works.

What have you done to get HDMI-Out working?

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3
Use -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag with it.

Jesser and Rehabman, you guys are legends! Been running mountain lion on my Y580 for about a year now (with a couple of niggles) but now I've made the jump to Yosemite I'm determined to get these niggles resolved once and for all and would really appreciate your help.

I've followed this guide and my machine works great other than USB issues which I believe are causing my Bluetooth and Card Reader problems (I believe they are all on USB internally, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• Followed the guide and once booting only have the 2 USB3 ports on the left side working, no bluetooth, no card reader, no webcam
  • Installed your GenericUSB kext and applied the -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag, no change in usb ports that work but I lose my sound card?!?
  • Applied the USBBusFix options in Chameleon wizard and kept the kernel flag above, got sound back and gained webcam, and also gained lower right USB2 port. Still missing USB2 port next to charger, missing bluetooth and missing card reader.

These are the exact same issues I was having in Mountain Lion and am really keen to have it fully working once and for all.

Thanks in advance guys for even reading this essay!!

If someone who has bluetooth and card reader working could post a screenshot of their USB section of the system report I'd really appreciate it so I can compare
Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 18.16.09.png

UPDATE: Removed the USBBusFix boot flag and just used USB Legacy Off and now both USB2 ports work but I've lost both USB3 ports.......but i get bluetooth and webcam!!

I'm so confused as to what I need to do to get everything working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back