Contribute
Register

[Guide] Y50-70 Mojave to Catalina works very well!

Motherboard
Lenovo Y50-70
CPU
i5-4210H
Graphics
GTX 860M 4GB + HD 4600
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi! This is small guide for those who wanna update Y50-70 to Catalina.

What works:
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • HDMI Output
  • Wifi
  • Lan
  • Speakers
  • Mini-jack output
What not works:
  • Card reader
  • Sleep (getting KP , replace fix in clover didnt work to me)
If you didnt have any hackintosh before im not proper person to lead you through this. Best option for you is to install mojave and clover from RehabMan tutorial and then follow my guide to update :

Then I recommend updating clover to version 5093 and you have to update Lilu.kext Whatevergreen.kext and AppleALC.kext on your clover.

How to update Clover and kexts?

When you are working with your clover dont forget to have pendrive with backup copy. So If something will fail you will be still able to boot to your hack and fix it!

Clover Update:
Downloaded and installed Clover 5093 on my system partition.
Then moved boot , efi-backup and efi folder on dekstop. (you can delete efi-backup folder)
Then I mounted my EFI partition (RehabMan tutorial) , made copy of current clover if anything wont work properly and replaced old files with new one and pasted new drivers folder. But dont override config.plist file!

Kexts update:
Download kexts you want to update, just google it!
Mount EFI
Go to EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other
Replace kexts

Last thing is to add in your config.plist -lilubetaall argument.
So you have to find
Code:
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 dart=0</string>
and change it to
Code:
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 dart=0 -lilubetaall</string>
Don't forget about setting bios boot settings to legacy becuase other way your laptop screen will be glitched.

Then you can safely update. But I recommend doing clone of your system in case if it wont work as well as for me.

After update:
Disable hibernation (RehabMan tutorial)
Update kexts with kext updater and hackintool (there are plenty of tutorials how to do it) and then you can go back to EFI boot.

About fresh install. It worked to me but I dont remember if everything was working well so I recommend update.

Last edited:

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi! This is small guide for those who wanna update Y50-70 to Catalina.

What works:
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • HDMI Output
  • Wifi
  • Lan
  • Speakers
  • Mini-jack output
What not works:
  • Card reader
  • Sleep (getting KP , replace fix in clover didnt work to me)
If you didnt have any hackintosh before im not proper person to lead you through this. Best option for you is to install mojave and clover from R3HABMAN tutorial and then follow my guide to update :

Then I recommend updating clover to version 5093 and you have to update Lilu.kext Whatevergreen.kext and AppleALC.kext on your clover.

How to update Clover and kexts?

When you are working with your clover dont forget to have pendrive with backup copy. So If something will fail you will be still able to boot to your hack and fix it!

Clover Update:
Downloaded and installed Clover 5093 on my system partition.
Then moved boot , efi-backup and efi folder on dekstop. (you can delete efi-backup folder)
Then I mounted my EFI partition (R3HABMAN tutorial) , made copy of current clover if anything wont work properly and replaced old files with new one and pasted new drivers folder. But dont override config.plist file!

Kexts update:
Download kexts you want to update, just google it!
Mount EFI
Go to EFI > CLOVER > kexts > Other
Replace kexts

Last thing is to add in your config.plist -lilubetaall argument.
So you have to find
Code:
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 dart=0</string>
and change it to
Code:
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 dart=0 -lilubetaall</string>
Don't forget about setting bios boot settings to legacy becuase other way your laptop screen will be glitched.

Then you can safely update. But I recommend doing clone of your system in case if it wont work as well as for me.

After update:
Disable hibernation (R3HABMAN tutorial)
Update kexts with kext updater and hackintool (there are plenty of tutorials how to do it) and then you can go back to EFI boot.

About fresh install. It worked to me but I dont remember if everything was working well so I recommend update.
it's RehabMan, not R3HABMAN

Motherboard
y50-70
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone