Contribute
Register

[Guide] XIAOMI Notebook Air 12.5" KabyLake High Sierra 10.13.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have the same kind of issue you have. For what concerns the HiDPI enabling, it works. At the moment I am using 1600x900 HiDPI res and it is flawless. I didn't enable it with the influenist repo btw. I googled a method to enable it through the terminal on High Sierra and Mojave and after reboot it worked.

It works! Tested on 10.14.3 & 10.13.6 & 10.13.3

Does it work like it supposed to be? I mean to trigger Spaces, swipe between pages etc? I have the 13inch version with the 6200u but I believe they share the same trackpad hardware (Synaptics).

Does it work like it supposed to be? I mean to trigger Spaces, swipe between pages etc? I have the 13inch version with the 6200u but I believe they share the same trackpad hardware (Synaptics).
All gestures work great.

For the 13th version I can advise to look here:GitHub

All gestures work great.

For the 13th version I can advise to look here:GitHub
Thanks for your reply. I am currently using Johnny's EFI and everything works fine except bt/wifi which is normal, but trackpad has basic functionality though. No multi-touch and it is tied to VoodooPs2 kext and I know that because I deleted the voodooi2c core and satellite kexts during my tests and trackpad continued to work fine. So there is some patching to be done like in the 12inch model because they have the same hardware except cpu

Yes I have the same kind of issue you have. For what concerns the HiDPI enabling, it works. At the moment I am using 1600x900 HiDPI res and it is flawless. I didn't enable it with the influenist repo btw. I googled a method to enable it through the terminal on High Sierra and Mojave and after reboot it worked.
Could you attach the guide you used for HIDPI enable ?

Hi guys! Thanks to @MarshalX for sharing with us the git repository to make multi-touch gestures work: all is awesome!
I’d like to know if one of you have found a solution for the trackpad that doesn’t work after sleep. The fix by @talebabatto (use sleep button in apple menu) doesn’t work for me because when the pc goes really in sleeping mode (power led blinking), trackpad doesn’t work after waking up.
Fixing that, hackintosh on this laptop would be perfect :banghead:. Thanks again! :clap:

EDIT: Finally I’ve found a solution! Just download the latest version of VoodooI2C package from VoodooI2C release. You need to modify the info.plist of VoodooI2CSynaptics (right click on the Kext / Show package content) in order to make it working for our trackpad; personally I used TextEdit to modify it, particularly:
- Under “IOPropertyMatch / name” you have to replace the previous trackpad model with “SYNA3105”.

Save all and trackpad should work perfectly.
The bug was related to an old version of VoodooI2CSynaptics, but alexandred fixed it some times ago. Unfortunately, our trackpad isn’t supported natively by the kext, so you have to make this modification. I hope this will help :headbang:.

Thanks to alexandred (for voodooi2c) and to influenist for the EFI folder.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Thanks to @MarshalX for sharing with us the git repository to make multi-touch gestures work: all is awesome!
I’d like to know if one of you have found a solution for the trackpad that doesn’t work after sleep. The fix by @talebabatto (use sleep button in apple menu) doesn’t work for me because when the pc goes really in sleeping mode (power led blinking), trackpad doesn’t work after waking up.
Fixing that, hackintosh on this laptop would be perfect :banghead:. Thanks again! :clap:

EDIT: Finally I’ve found a solution! Just download the latest version of VoodooI2C package from VoodooI2C release. You need to modify the info.plist of VoodooI2CSynaptics (right click on the Kext / Show package content) in order to make it working for our trackpad; personally I used TextEdit to modify it, particularly:
- Under “IOPropertyMatch / name” you have to replace the previous trackpad model with “SYNA3105”.

Save all and trackpad should work perfectly.
The bug was related to an old version of VoodooI2CSynaptics, but alexandred fixed it some times ago. Unfortunately, our trackpad isn’t supported natively by the kext, so you have to make this modification. I hope this will help :headbang:.

Thanks to alexandred (for voodooi2c) and to influenist for the EFI folder.
You are welcome! Interesting news! I'll check now

EDIT: It really works, thanks a lot!
EDIT2: I wrote about the solution you found on the GitHub. I have already published the kext with the replace: link

Last edited:
Thank you for this awesome thread! Can anyone recommend any working usb wifi + bt cards (Or just wifi, bluetooth is kinda optional :p)? I'm planing to do this but I don't want to buy a card that doesn't work.

Hello! I came to raise this topic, because there is great progress in the work of components. Support Catalina, working module wifi and bluetooth! Interesting? Need your help!

I share with you a cool repository: https://github.com/johnnync13/EFI-Xiaomi-Notebook-air-12-5

If the wifi does not work, that is, this is what we all were waiting for! https://github.com/zxystd/AppleIntelWifiAdapter

I came here not only to report this, but as I said above - for help. The fact is that the repository is higher exclusively for our laptop on the 6th generation of the processor ...

For the 7th generation, there is another repository that I have already shared here (https://github.com/influenist/Mi-NB-Gaming-Laptop-MacOS). Unfortunately, the developer is not very active. The man supporting the repository for the 6th generation did a pull request for 7th, BUT! But OpenСore does not want to boot. Most likely, because the processor is not changed there.

I do not understand this at all and I can only consume ready-made solutions. If someone has time, please correct the repository after the pull request (https://github.com/influenist/Mi-NB-Gaming-Laptop-MacOS/pull/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back