Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled upon this guide, and was wondering since I am planning to install hackintosh on my Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2018 that has identical hardware (i7-8550U, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Samsung NVMe SSD Controller PM981), but previously I had issues with mojave install on the PM981, would this colver file solve the issue or ssd change is a must?

Hello
I've ordered this wifi and bluetooth card to upgrade my Xiaomi notebook pro.
So now I need to upgrade my SSD to a bigger one so I will be able to make a dual boot for windows 10 and Mac osx.
first I would like to know if this machine can take 1TB SSD Drive?
second it will be great if someone can recommend me about some amazon drive in reasonable price.
I found this one from Crucial that got great reviews

thanks

Hi guys, after upgrading to catalina I'm experiencing this problem: when I watch a HD video in full screen mode on internet, using google chrome, during the length of the video, the screen randomly blacks out for a couple of frames. Do you experience this too? How can I fix this?

Last edited:
Hi Macguru, those are some good questions.

I did spend a lot of time researching all the possible options before I went for this. In all the searching that i have done, i have never found an m.2 WiFi module that has the M socket. As far as i can tell, they are all E socket, or A & E socket.

Unfortunately this hack will not get Bluetooth working. Bluetooth does not run over PCIe. It runs over USB. There is no USB connection on the m.2 M socket. (You would need a proper E socket on the logic board).

You could swap the SSD and WiFi around to make the cables shorter, that would be a neat solution. However, i am fairly sure that the secondary m.2 slot only has 2x PCIe lanes, while the primary m.2 slot has 4x PCIe lanes. This means that you will see much slower SSD performance if you move it to the secondary m.2 slot. I might be mistaken, but i thought i read that somewhere. Maybe somebody else on the forum can confirm if that it correct or not?
this is real and the forum post is on techtablets:

Hello, I installed Mojave on my 8gb version and found that after waking up, the screen picture becomes small. Is there any fix for that ?
I'm using this build with clover r5018

Thank you!

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-26_20-09-49.jpg
    photo_2019-11-26_20-09-49.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 135
Guys please throw off your configured EFI folder
Thanks very much

Guys please throw off your configured EFI folder
Thanks very much

Thanks of course, but when I use this EFI folder I have problems with geolocation and kernel panic when sleeping long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back