Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

recently I have tried to install macOS mojave on my Mi Notebook pro (i5 - 8250u model) but have faced one big problem.
My guide was from Razorkey (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-xiaomi-mi-notebook-pro-high-sierra-10-13-6.242724/). As a newbie I have almost no experience in installing macOS on a PC / Laptop... so I hope you can help me.

But first things first I configurated the BIOS settings on my Mi - Notebook Pro. Therein I just disabled secure boot (because there are quite few options to tick).

In the folloing I restarted my Notebook, selected the MacOS installer and it booted into the MacOS installer. By doing that I only noticed that the progress bar turned green at a certain time (attatchment). Even though everything bootet pretty fine, i formattet my only ssd (Samsung) into APFS + GUID and startet the installation.
At the point of two minutes my notebook suddenly rebootet and it brang me into the same clover selection menue as before (with only one method [macOS Installation]). Unfortunately there was no further installation method.

When I was trying to reboot the laptop into the installer i got a error [your computer restarted because of a problem...] and i would have to do everything again.
After that for testing I somehow installed High Sierra but it randomly restarts.
I think thats the problem it even randomly restarts during Mojave installation.

I hope someone can help me fixing this problem image . Thanks in advance.

Hello guys,

recently I have tried to install macOS mojave on my Mi Notebook pro (i5 - 8250u model) but have faced one big problem.
My guide was from Razorkey (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-xiaomi-mi-notebook-pro-high-sierra-10-13-6.242724/). As a newbie I have almost no experience in installing macOS on a PC / Laptop... so I hope you can help me.

But first things first I configurated the BIOS settings on my Mi - Notebook Pro. Therein I just disabled secure boot (because there are quite few options to tick).

In the folloing I restarted my Notebook, selected the MacOS installer and it booted into the MacOS installer. By doing that I only noticed that the progress bar turned green at a certain time (attatchment). Even though everything bootet pretty fine, i formattet my only ssd (Samsung) into APFS + GUID and startet the installation.
At the point of two minutes my notebook suddenly rebootet and it brang me into the same clover selection menue as before (with only one method [macOS Installation]). Unfortunately there was no further installation method.

When I was trying to reboot the laptop into the installer i got a error [your computer restarted because of a problem...] and i would have to do everything again.
After that for testing I somehow installed High Sierra but it randomly restarts.

Hello
I’v managed to install Mac OS X and now I’m trying to install Windows 10 on other sad , when trying to install I get this error in windows :
A7C9161F-11C0-423A-93B5-44FBB77B126D.jpeg

What could be the problem?

Attachments

• 65B5E135-96D8-41B3-8E3C-2E2AF7F3A2B8.jpeg
    65B5E135-96D8-41B3-8E3C-2E2AF7F3A2B8.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 149
Hello guys,

I had the same issue... it's just that your ssd isn't compatible

But i am using that same ssd on my desktop and there this working completely fine. (KingSpec PCIe NVMe 512GB)

And even it happens when I try to install on samsung ssd which ships with this laptop. BTW how did you get rid of this problem ?
And I my laptop have MX250 not MX150. Can that be a problem ?

And even it happens when I try to install on samsung ssd which ships with this laptop. BTW how did you get rid of this problem ?
And I my laptop have MX250 not MX150. Can that be a problem ?
I just bought a WD m.2 SSD

I don't think that the graphics card is the issue because, being unsupported, it is disabled

Hello to all,

I'm a new Hackintosh user but have used Mac's for a long time, started out with a Performa 5200 and had many others, G4's, the Cube, bunch of mini's and Powerbooks.
My last MacBook Pro was getting rather old and could not resist the low price of the Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro so ordered the i5 8GB model to try it out.

Happy to report that after some noob mistakes (I did a format on the original Samsung SSD to find out it aint compatible with OSX) I got succes installing Mojave on a Netac N930E m.2 256GB SSD and so far it's running fine. Using a TP-Link archer t2u nano usb wifi dongle, so everything is set up. The Netac SSD in the second slot might not be the fastest, but this one is going to be used for mainly some office work so all is fine to me.

Very nice and cheap Gigabit Ethernet adapter with PD charging port and USB3 I've found:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-i...-C-Hub-to-Gigabit-Ethernet/4000110492470.html
Matches the Mi Pro very nice, plug and play so thought I should share.

Looking to get another now and would like to try the i7 16GB 2019 model with the GTX 1050Max-Q GPU.
I can't find any info however if this model will actualy work, has anybody tried?

Can't find any other info on the Xiaomi notebooks in the Mojave (or Catalina) threads either, think these Mi Notebook Pro types are still sold a lot so not sure why I can't find the info?

So my questions:

- The hardware of the GTX1050 i7 8550U should still basicly be the same (motherboad /intregrated graphics) and there's no doubt this will work? or did I miss anything (again I searched and searched) or should I stick with the older MX150 model? The price differents is so small however that I would rather like to get the newer 2019 one.

- I've already ordered another m.2 SSD, this time a Western Digital WD_Black SN750 500GB with 3470mb write speed.
Would that be a good choice, and does it make sense to move the stock standard Samsung SSD with W10 to the second slot to have max speed on the MacOS side? Think I've read somewhere the second slot is slower.

Thanks for you time, already starting to think about what kind of desktop hackintosh I would like to build later :)

Attachments

• Mojave-Mi5.jpg
    Mojave-Mi5.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Nobody active here?

Re-reading the daliansky Github page I see under configuration:
Computer model Xiaomi NoteBook Pro 15.6''(MX150/GTX)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U/i7-8550U Processor

So that looks promising regarding the i7 GTX1050.

Also noted about my installed i5 model: that I can't run the Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental update because it says it can only be installed on APFS formate drives.

The guide recommended installing MacOS on a HSF+J partition, any particular reason why one should or should not use APFS. ?

(Only reason I can think of it can't be read on older Macs, but maybe I'm missing something else)

Hello All,

I successfully updated to Catalina without any issues! Everything is working as expected, nothing is broken.
I updated from the Settings app, like a real Mac.

I updated Clover to the latest version and all the Kexts in EFI before installing the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back