Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it is just impossible to pass usb bluetooth thorugh the adapter since the xiaomi pciE has no USB connection, right?
Yes, sorry I didn't mention, Bluetooth won't work, unless you are prepared to try soldering onto the logic board. I wouldn't recommend it. So only WiFi will work.

If you want to try soldering to get USB connection for Bluetooth, there is a separate discussion on that in this thread.

Yes, sorry I didn't mention, Bluetooth won't work, unless you are prepared to try soldering onto the logic board. I wouldn't recommend it. So only WiFi will work.

If you want to try soldering to get USB connection for Bluetooth, there is a separate discussion on that in this thread.

Too bad, if bluetooth would work together with a wifi card, this laptop would be the perfect hackintosh imo. I soldered quite some things in my life (like a diy E-skate) but i am not sure if i am confident enough to solder something on to the mobo

Too bad, if bluetooth would work together with a wifi card, this laptop would be the perfect hackintosh imo. I soldered quite some things in my life (like a diy E-skate) but i am not sure if i am confident enough to solder something on to the mobo
I had High Sierra running on my i5 Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro for about 6 months, but I felt like it was too much of a compromise. No Bluetooth, no Nvidia Graphics, bad power management and the trackpad experience wasn't great either. In the end I got fed up, mainly with the rubbish battery life and the trackpad, so I decided to run Kubuntu Linux instead. Much happier with how everything works. Sorry that's off topic, but those were my thoughts.

Still very happy with my desktop Hackintosh Pro, works perfectly.

Yeah i had ubuntu running on the xiaomi before i installed mojave, battery life was great but linux just feels kind unpolished

I had High Sierra running on my i5 Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro for about 6 months, but I felt like it was too much of a compromise. No Bluetooth, no Nvidia Graphics, bad power management and the trackpad experience wasn't great either. In the end I got fed up, mainly with the rubbish battery life and the trackpad, so I decided to run Kubuntu Linux instead. Much happier with how everything works. Sorry that's off topic, but those were my thoughts.

Still very happy with my desktop Hackintosh Pro, works perfectly.

Battery life is the only thing that really hurts me just because I personally never use bt on my laptop and I have a wireless mouse connected. Unfortunately the power management is really worse than win and linux at the moment. If I think about the price anyway I’m still really satisfied.

I am using Mac OS X Mojave , with the battery CPUHelper config from Github. Also made some changes to the Cloverconfig and installed Volta with which you set the max CPU TDP.

I also undervolted the CPU by -125 mV, Cache -50mV and the iGPU by -90mV

Update:
With Chrome open and 16 running tabs, i get around 3:50. Changed to the Performance CPU Helper.
I have to say that i am very very happy, with the performance of this hackintosh. If only bluetooth would be easier to enable
how do you undervolted? i try to undervolted cpu, but no progress, thanks

Hi,
I have xiaomi mi pro with mojavi. I can not get 4k output. I tried c-type and hdmi port.
type-C only can give me up to 1920×1080 (FullHD)
hdmi port can give me only up to 2560×1440 (2K)
I tried on windows. both work fine with 4k screen.
Is there way to fix it? (I searched online and it seems because apple use 4k video with rate 30Hz. but my only lets me use 60hz)

Hi,
I have xiaomi mi pro with mojavi. I can not get 4k output. I tried c-type and hdmi port.
type-C only can give me up to 1920×1080 (FullHD)
hdmi port can give me only up to 2560×1440 (2K)
I tried on windows. both work fine with 4k screen.
Is there way to fix it? (I searched online and it seems because apple use 4k video with rate 30Hz. but my only lets me use 60hz)

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

good work, my xiaomi, now is a mac with Mojave, thank. Now I Like to add information about ssd. is necesary enable trim¿?. Iam going to enable with this command in console. sudo trimforce enable

Hello everyone !
I follow the guide to add Wifi+Bluetooth Broadcoam chip into my 2nd SSD slot.

But i didn't find the same with shipping to France, so can you say me if theses 2 are good ?
1st adapter
2nd adapter

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back