Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed Broadcom BCM94356Z and it's successfully not picked up. FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext didn't help (these kexts show up in the list as "Not loaded").

Installed Broadcom BCM94356Z and it's successfully not picked up. FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext didn't help (these kexts show up in the list as "Not loaded").
Because the BCM94356Z wasn't compatible as i know. You should play around with BCM94352Z module.
By the way, this is wifi chip compatibility table, hope this one will be helpfull

Because the BCM94356Z wasn't compatible as i know. You should play around with BCM94352Z module.
By the way, this is wifi chip compatibility table, hope this one will be helpfull

Yeah, bought a wrong card, yesterday re-ordered a BCM94352ZAE
Thanks for amazing list, printed.

What is the difference between BCM94356Z and BCM94352Z ? Besides of location of antenna connectors. And why 356 can't be just fixed with injecting the ID (I tried but didn't work)?

Last edited:
Just wanted to make an update regarding that mysterious 4G LTE slot on the mobo, which is so teasing the eye of everyone.
I have performed all tests with it and I can officially confirm that slot is a WHOLE FACTORY MISTAKE.

1) First of all it's a total design failure, 99% of existing LTE M.2 modules wont fit there, because of lack of the space (width).
2) And second, it's not functioning (missing power, some capacitors etc), probably because they failed on 1) and decided to abandon it. :crazy: I've tested in both OSX and Windows using SSD drive (PCIE interface) and Sierra Wireless EM7355 card (USB interface).
Moreover, these **iots didn't make (or forgot to make) a sim card slot somewhere on the board. LOL Maybe this is a reason why they stopped implementing the LTE modem in this laptop model? It's just funny. :lol:

So... everyone, have a peace of mind now. It is NOT FUNCTIONAL.

Attachments

• IMG_5136.JPG
    IMG_5136.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 727
  • IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 697
What is the difference between BCM94356Z and BCM94352Z ? Besides of location of antenna connectors.
The only difference that i see is 56 is newer and have bt 4.1 vs 4.0 on 52

Just wanted to make an update regarding that mysterious 4G LTE slot on the mobo, which is so teasing the eye of everyone.
I have performed all tests with it and I can officially confirm that slot is a WHOLE FACTORY MISTAKE.

1) First of all it's a total design failure, 99% of existing LTE M.2 modules wont fit there, because of lack of the space (width).
2) And second, it's not functioning (missing power, some capacitors etc), probably because they failed on 1) and decided to abandon it. :crazy: I've tested in both OSX and Windows using SSD drive (PCIE interface) and Sierra Wireless EM7355 card (USB interface).
Moreover, these **iots didn't make (or forgot to make) a sim card slot somewhere on the board. LOL Maybe this is a reason why they stopped implementing the LTE modem in this laptop model? It's just funny. :lol:

So... everyone, have a peace of mind now. It is NOT FUNCTIONAL.
You did an excellent job, Neolo777! Now we can all sleep calmly :lol:

I guess that the CPU could work better and maybe it could also handle better the power management, but I’m not that expert to bet on it.
Anyway steve already implemented it in his repository:
https://github.com/stevezhengshiqi/XiaoMi-Pro
Ensure to install the efi from the release section if you want to try it.

Not sure whether I'm making any silly mistakes. So far setting 15.2 in the smbios is preventing the machine to boot, any ideas?

Not sure whether I'm making any silly mistakes. So far setting 15.2 in the smbios is preventing the machine to boot, any ideas?
You need to install macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112), 17G65 can't be booted if you choose 15,2 in SMBIOS. You have to find the dmg source by yourself according to the thread rule.

You need to install macOS 10.13.6 (17G2112), 17G65 can't be booted if you choose 15,2 in SMBIOS. You have to find the dmg source by yourself according to the thread rule.
Not easy to find the 17G2112. Can you tip us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back