Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks guys for your reactivity. I have attached my debug files. My battery drains so fast, within 2 hours of light use. Rehab man, i would be very curious to know if you find anything in the debug files attached. Thanks a lot for the support and sorry to be such a noob.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 116
Because switchable graphics (Optimus technology) is not working on hackintosh. No matter which gpu is.

upd.. BTW, guys, there is the way to disable intel graphic and leave discrete card only? My MNP is on the way and i cant check bios settings by myself

I’m not on my laptop right now, but I don’t remember any option for that. There are just option a for administrator login and battery stuff.

Because switchable graphics (Optimus technology) is not working on hackintosh. No matter which gpu is.

upd.. BTW, guys, there is the way to disable intel graphic and leave discrete card only? My MNP is on the way and i cant check bios settings by myself

Because Bios needs to be unlocked, there is an advanced menu where that switching thing can be disabled. Is it customized InsydeH20?
However, unlock request seems stuck https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro
It's easy to unpack BIN file of the bios, but I have no idea what to do there.

Thanks guys for your reactivity. I have attached my debug files. My battery drains so fast, within 2 hours of light use. Rehab man, i would be very curious to know if you find anything in the debug files attached. Thanks a lot for the support and sorry to be such a noob.

Your result is not unexpected...

Dual NVMe SSDs which run without power management and an unsupported WiFi card with no drivers attached (also running therefore without PM), are likely to use a lot of excess power. Also USB WiFi tends to use a lot of extra power.

Because Bios needs to be unlocked, there is an advanced menu where that switching thing can be disabled. Is it customized InsydeH20?
However, unlock request seems stuck https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro
It's easy to unpack BIN file of the bios, but I have no idea what to do there.
My second laptop (HP DV7-6c52er) have InsydeH2O bios onboard. And if i push "a" button when accessing the BIOS menu its open in advanced mode, where i can find much more settings.

Your result is not unexpected...

Dual NVMe SSDs which run without power management and an unsupported WiFi card with no drivers attached (also running therefore without PM), are likely to use a lot of excess power. Also USB WiFi tends to use a lot of extra power.

So what would recommend me to do in order to fix this power issue? Thanks in advance

My second laptop (HP DV7-6c52er) have InsydeH2O bios onboard. And if i push "a" button when accessing the BIOS menu its open in advanced mode, where i can find much more settings.
Well, Insyde offers a deep customization for vendors, the base is "H20" but seems Xiaomi requested a custom lock for advanced menu. In other laptops it can be unlocked by pressing Fn+Tab 3 times and F10 afterwards, after re-entry to bios you could see Advanced tab, but all these tricks not working in our case. Bios has to be, well... cracked/modified on binary level or something.
https://www.insyde.com/press_news/press-releases/insydeh2o®-shipping-newly-released-xiaomi-mi-notebook-air

How about to change bios settings from Windows? For example http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html allows to change settings, including hidden ones without unlocking the advanced menu.

hats off to Steve for the speedy work!

Is it normal, to install Mojave now and use it as main system? What problems can I get cuz of it?

If you have to work with the notebook you should consider waiting for the final release of the system. On a beta version anything could happen: kernel panics, ui and functionality bugs, low performance and so on. if you just want to “play” with it... well, have fun.

Hi @Neolo777 I have studied the circuit board and I don't think it will be as simple as fitting just a socket. There are other components missing from the board, like resistors and capacitors. It is impossible to guess what values are required. You would need access to the schematic design.

I soldered the socket in, and yeah, SSD I tried to put wasn't recognized. However, if you noticed, after you install a new hardware or swap something, initially the splash screen appears twice, same happened here, meaning I soldered socket correctly. Windows saw it as "Unrecognized device". I guess this pinout not fully-featured pcie as I expected. I guess I still can insert a WWAN card. But another question, which one?

Attachments

• IMG_5121.JPG
    IMG_5121.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 503
  • IMG_5106.JPG
    IMG_5106.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 527
  • IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Status