Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best solution is to fix the WiFi/bt with OWENLARS hack and than get a Magic Mouse 2 to have all the control with all the Mac trackpad gesture

thanks for this great guide :
1. I'm sure you searched for but , is there maybe a wifi/BT card that not need the A to M key and can be directly installed to the ssd slot?
2. Will this hack will also make my BT work perfect like real Mac?
3. did you think about maybe put the ssd in the place you put the wifi card and put the wifi card near the Xiaomi wifi module ? it will make the way that the MHF4 cable need to do more shorter , no?

Screen_Shot_2018_04_06_at_17_28_48.png
Hi Macguru, those are some good questions.

I did spend a lot of time researching all the possible options before I went for this. In all the searching that i have done, i have never found an m.2 WiFi module that has the M socket. As far as i can tell, they are all E socket, or A & E socket.

Unfortunately this hack will not get Bluetooth working. Bluetooth does not run over PCIe. It runs over USB. There is no USB connection on the m.2 M socket. (You would need a proper E socket on the logic board).

You could swap the SSD and WiFi around to make the cables shorter, that would be a neat solution. However, i am fairly sure that the secondary m.2 slot only has 2x PCIe lanes, while the primary m.2 slot has 4x PCIe lanes. This means that you will see much slower SSD performance if you move it to the secondary m.2 slot. I might be mistaken, but i thought i read that somewhere. Maybe somebody else on the forum can confirm if that it correct or not?

Just to calrify, this only fixes the WiFi, the BT wont work.

This is the only thing that bothers me now - I don’t understand how for some in the forum the BT is working fine....does anybody knows a dongle that have both WiFi and BT that can work with OS X ?

Last edited:
You could swap the SSD and WiFi around to make the cables shorter, that would be a neat solution. However, i am fairly sure that the secondary m.2 slot only has 2x PCIe lanes, while the primary m.2 slot has 4x PCIe lanes. This means that you will see much slower SSD performance if you move it to the secondary m.2 slot. I might be mistaken, but i thought i read that somewhere. Maybe somebody else on the forum can confirm if that it correct or not?

are U sure that second m2 is x2 ????...good point to make a cable shortcut....

Hi Everyone, as promised, I have put together some instructions detailing exactly how I managed to install BROADCOM internal WiFi into my Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro, please see the attached PDF file. There are quite a few difficult steps in this process, so please read all the instructions carefully before you attempt to begin. If anyone has any more questions I am happy to help. Good Luck!

Would you mind me attaching the PDF to the main thread? (With proper credits of course)

Would you mind me attaching the PDF to the main thread? (With proper credits of course)
Hi, that's fine with me. The only thing I would say is maybe I need to make it more clear in the guide that this doesn't fix the Bluetooth. I was thinking about making a quick update to the guide.

Can someone tell me which BT dongle should I buy? I want to be able to use the Magic Mouse or the Magic Trackpad and I want it to be the smallest I can get , when looking at the buyers guide I see the GMYLE Bluetooth Adapter Dongle, but I don’t see info about him in any forum , I’ve also found out about the Trust 18187 but I’m not sure , I think for now I will stick with the WiFi + BT dongles when I’m traveling and when I at home I have my Anker USB c Ethernet adapter so I will have spare usb for other use, my only hope is that I will figure out why it’s stops working after sleep and I need to reconnect it to have my internet.

Thanks

Update : I see that the Gmyle dongle is working and I placed an order in Amazon , also do you think that usb-c hub will work with this notebook ? I found out a nice one with Ethernet by Ugreen :
UGREEN USB C Hub Multiport Adapter 3.1 Type C Dock Station with 4K HDMI, SD Card Reader, PD Charger Port, Gigabit Ethernet, 3 USB 3.0 Ports for Apple Macbook Pro 2017, Dell XPS 13, Google Chromebook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WX4FP8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Hi Razorkey, as I mentioned, I thought I should update the guide. I have attached v0.2. Happy for you to put this on the main thread. Happy to help. Really appreciate everyones efforts in optimising the Xiaomi Hack Book Pro :)

Attachments

• Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro BROADCOM WiFi Installation Guide v0.2.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 482
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back