Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know a fix for this as I got something big if you can fix it.

This is the screen that i got when i use nvidia web drivers and enable nvidia MX150, you cant get passed that screen, you have to uncheck nvidia web drivers on clover an you will boot again.

Is anyone else having problem with the installer not seeing the internal SSD?

EDIT: Dumb me was trying to install Sierra and not HS. With HS internal SSD is recognised no problem.

Last edited:
@Razorkey
You mentioned the trackpad works perfectly for you now with the latest VoodooI2C. Does your trackpa recognise two-finger swipe between pages? Mine doesn't recognize back/forwards swipes. Other gestures seem to work (like navigating through desktops), although scrolling is a bit inaccurate.
Also, is palm rejection a thing on Hackintosh touchpads? I tried looking it up, but couldn't find anything relevant.

I cannot test this right now since I lost my external HDD install and the internal SSD is not shown by the installer. I'll report back as soon as I get it to work.

EDIT: Dumb me was trying to install Sierra and not HS. With HS internal SSD is recognised no problem.

Last edited:
Update:

So i finally got around to installing OSX 10.13.3

How i did it:
1. I just straight up copied Clover post install for the initial installation
2. after installing osx/ install clover on the ssd
3. added NullEthernetKext to Clover/ACPI/patched
4. changed ALC layout id to 99, updated the ALC kext to v1.2.2
5. Bluetooth for some reason works for me like before. (I'm dual booting with ubuntu 16 not sure what this means)

it would be nice to know why bluetooth works, I use refind as my bootloader by the way

I've attached my Clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 143
one more thing, if bluetooth works. is it possible wifi works too?

Update:

So i finally got around to installing OSX 10.13.3

How i did it:
1. I just straight up copied Clover post install for the initial installation
2. after installing osx/ install clover on the ssd
3. added NullEthernetKext to Clover/ACPI/patched
4. changed ALC layout id to 99, updated the ALC kext to v1.2.2
5. Bluetooth for some reason works for me like before. (I'm dual booting with ubuntu 16 not sure what this means)

it would be nice to know why bluetooth works, I use refind as my bootloader by the way

I've attached my Clover folder
one more thing, if bluetooth works. is it possible wifi works too?

BT is probably working because you loaded firmware at some point by running Ubuntu.
Upon warm restart from Ubuntu (or Windows), firmware will still be present in the BT controller.
But you will lose it on a cold boot or sleep/wake cycle (because the BT controller will suffer a power loss... firmware gone).

WiFi has nothing to do with bluetooth.

For me everything works with the current setup posted in the first post.
Only two things I need to know:

1. Touchpad works just fine, even the gestures. Only problem: Most of the time I can not use drag and drop correctly as I can not move the curser when holding the left mousebutton. Is there a solution to that?

2. I tried both, Parallels and VMWare Fusion, but I cant seem to get the internal WiFi to work. It just shows up as "Generic Bluetooth device" instead of the full device and dont seem to be able to install the proper driver. Do you have any idea? I am using the CLOVER folder from the first post as I said.

Thanks in advance!

@Razorkey
You mentioned the trackpad works perfectly for you now with the latest VoodooI2C. Does your trackpa recognise two-finger swipe between pages? Mine doesn't recognize back/forwards swipes. Other gestures seem to work (like navigating through desktops), although scrolling is a bit inaccurate.
Also, is palm rejection a thing on Hackintosh touchpads? I tried looking it up, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Indeed, gestures have small hiccups from time to time and swipes between pages do not work. Unfortunately this is something related to the VoodooI2C drivers which I am unable to address.

I finally made the installation. Everything is fine, even the jack audio and the bluetooth, but I have one issue and one question:

The trackpad is ok, two-finger scroll works well, but doesn't work any gestures.

Do you think that is possible control the fans and make them start later?

(Some) three fingers gestures work to me as expected. Five fingers give KP. Also, three fingers drag does not seem to work. Again, this is VoodooI2C and is beyond my competence.

For me everything works with the current setup posted in the first post.
Only two things I need to know:

1. Touchpad works just fine, even the gestures. Only problem: Most of the time I can not use drag and drop correctly as I can not move the curser when holding the left mousebutton. Is there a solution to that?

2. I tried both, Parallels and VMWare Fusion, but I cant seem to get the internal WiFi to work. It just shows up as "Generic Bluetooth device" instead of the full device and dont seem to be able to install the proper driver. Do you have any idea? I am using the CLOVER folder from the first post as I said.

Thanks in advance!

As you can read from the above post from @RehabMan, it is not possible to use the internal WiFi card, due to an incompatibility of the Intel chipset. Unfortunately the only solution right now seems to be a WiFi dongle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back