Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i discovered the problem, my active Internet connection needs to be on en0(?) I just used Bluetooth tethering, and I was able to sign in successfully. But when I switched back to USB tethering. I started getting the verification errors again.

No.
You only need a built-in Ethernet or WiFi device at en0.
If you have neither, use NullEthernet.kext.
Details in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I really don't want to mess with my configs right now, lol. will give it a try later though.

I'm still trying to get ethernet card detected so i can sign into the app store.

Can you share your clover folder? As soon as I have some time I'll look into it and update the OP accordingly. Working Bluetooth might be of interest to many

Update, I can no longer boot into my osx, something about too many corpses. Tried re installing, but USB mouse doesn't work. Right now I'm exhausted. And I'm giving up on this. Will be wiping my osx partition and giving it to ubuntu.
I've wasted too much time trying to get this to work, postponing my job. I'll check back in like a week. Hopefully everything will be at least stable then. As for how my Bluetooth worked, I installed intelMausiEthernet, AppleALC 1.2.2 layout id 99. Hope it helps someone.

daliansky/XiaoMi-Pro @GitHub got updated.

So, I've installed the new update now. Everything works perfectly. Sound as well, from both speakers and the jack. Just be sure to run this https://github.com/daliansky/XiaoMi...C_ALCPlugFix/ALCPlugFix/install双击自动安装.command and you'll be set. It already clears the cache for you.

Complete steps:
1. Usb with clover+macOS 10.3.3+daliansky's EFI folder (merge it on top of the clover UEFI installation)
2. Optional: Deactivate APFS either before or during the macOS installer (check Rehabman's guides if you don't know..)
3. Run the script within that directory.
4. Reboot

Due to the lilu.kexts, there is no need for and gfx patches to get fully working gfx acceleration.

The one thing missing is Bluetooth. I find it really hard to believe that anyone has gotten it to work from a COLD boot. If you've booted another OS first, the BT firmware gets flashed to the BT chip and this persists between a hot OS switch: ie. Windows > macOS. This also works if you boot a Linux distro from within macOS in a VM. That will also flash the firmware to the chip.
So I find it hard to believe that someone has gotten it to work, because to my knowledge (but it's a bit outdated) there isn't a firmware injector for this intel chip.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, I'm grateful for my 97% working machine.

Hi ;
Thanks for you . my Mi Note Pro works great with your clover settings, it has same hardware as yours
But I got an issue on the sound, speaker works while the head speakers doesn't, sometime works.
Does it happen to you?
Or Do you know how to fix it?
Hope you can help me!
thank you again.

Hello, thank you so much for everything, my Mi Notebook Pro works great without any problem. I would like to say that i also manage to make hackintosh detect Nvidia MX150 by removing SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder, but this is useless because if i loaded the Web Drivers the system stuck at apple logo(no macOS drivers for this card ). if i remove the web drivers then i can boot in, and i can see the card in PCI session on System Report.

Lastly i want to say that you can easily enable brightness keys by using the FN+F4 and FN+F5. You have to go to Settings->Keyboard->Shortcuts->Display and check Decrease/Increase display brightness. Double click next to Decrease/Increase display brightness and press FN+F4 / FN+F5. Now you can Control Brightness easily with these keys(I hope that helps).

Hello, thank you so much for everything, my Mi Notebook Pro works great without any problem. I would like to say that i also manage to make hackintosh detect Nvidia MX150 by removing SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder, but this is useless because if i loaded the Web Drivers the system stuck at apple logo(no macOS drivers for this card ). if i remove the web drivers then i can boot in, and i can see the card in PCI session on System Report.

Lastly i want to say that you can easily enable brightness keys by using the FN+F4 and FN+F5. You have to go to Settings->Keyboard->Shortcuts->Display and check Decrease/Increase display brightness. Double click next to Decrease/Increase display brightness and press FN+F4 / FN+F5. Now you can Control Brightness easily with these keys(I hope that helps).

What you "managed" to do is to remove a purposeful tweak put in place to disable the GPU from functioning (getting registered via ACPI). It was disabled due to the fact that Optimus gfx cards/chips are unsupported by macOS and there is currently no way of making them working. By removing that patch, all you're doing it to let the gfx card get activated and seen by the OS and thus it will draw power from your battery without being of any use.

What you "managed" to do is to remove a purposeful tweak put in place to disable the GPU from functioning (getting registered via ACPI). It was disabled due to the fact that Optimus gfx cards/chips are unsupported by macOS and there is currently no way of making them working. By removing that patch, all you're doing it to let the gfx card get activated and seen by the OS and thus it will draw power from your battery without being of any use.

Exactly, thats what i was trying to say and i have the card disabled because i don't want to draw power. I was just trying to say that its very easy to have the card detected but definitely its not going to work.

Anyone know a fix for this as I got something big if you can fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180127_114836.jpg
    IMG_20180127_114836.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 470
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back