Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to disable integrated Intel network adapter and use m.2 slot network adapter in Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro?

That is an interesting question indeed. I think no one has tried so far.

As mentioned in the current guide, audio through the headphone jack somewhat works, but the current solution is not ideal.

@deniscabaldi mentioned to be looking into a fix. I'll update the guide to reflect any development on the issue.
I experimented with different appleALC layout Id's and found that id 29 works perfectly with headphones, but not with the onboard speakers. Not sure how you'd combine that with the existing one. One more thing, are you able to sign in to the app store? I can't.

Last edited:
BIG UPDATE I GOT TO SEE THE GPU AND KNOW WHAT IT IS AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE CARD....

I think this might be related to using the mac pro smbios, wich is a highly modular system and should accept pcie graphics card, did you installed the nvidia web drivers? Are all of the things that were functioning with the mbp smbios still working?

Last edited:
Hi JoaoLucasSS

Yes, you are right. I have order the card, without really understanding M2.
I will check again when i receive the wifi card.

I haven't received my mi note pro yet, so I cannot check it, but I really want to have a built-in wifi card, the problem is that I haven't been able to find such adapter. Also I looked into soldering the socket into the lte slot, wich is not that hard (I'm an electrical engineer) but it is a key B m.2 slot, and there is only key A/E wifi cards. There's the problem with the antennas also, that I will only be able to see after I have the laptop in hands. If I have something new I'll post here!!

I think this might be related to using the mac pro smbios, wich is a highly modular system and should accept pcie graphics card, did you installed the nvidia web drivers? Are all of the things that were functioning with the mbp smbios still working?
Mbps i don't know what you mean. You can't run bench marks on it but it works and it isn't disabled in any way I do have the web drivers installed but I get a black screen bug when loading using the GPU (changing it in the web drivers) but it is working and dating it knows what it is sorry I've been so busy trying with it I will get the config so we can all help. And sorry but I feel really achieved get it to work and recognise

Mbps i don't know what you mean. You can't run bench marks on it but it works and it isn't disabled in any way I do have the web drivers installed but I get a black screen bug when loading using the GPU (changing it in the web drivers) but it is working and dating it knows what it is sorry I've been so busy trying with it I will get the config so we can all help. And sorry but I feel really achieved get it to work and recognise

Your printscreen shows that you are using the mac pro smbios instead of the macbook pro...and it also shows that the drivers for this card are not loaded, one thing is the system recognizing the board is installed, other thing is get it to really work, do you get any updates since that printscreen? Can you send A print from "about this mac" window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back