Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

i got the macOS from a macbook Air 2017 and created the flash drive from there too.

i got the macOS from a macbook Air 2017 and created the flash drive from there too.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi guys I installed successfully on my MI 15. Thanks for the hardwork. However, the battery life seems to be extremely short. After 1h of light usage of the laptop, I am already at 50%... Is there a fix?

Oh you are lucky, 50% for 1 hour is nothing, comparing to what I have - 10%. No fix, I tried almost everything I found here - all power related kexts, clover settings, injections, dsdts etc etc. The area between keyboard and the screen heats up like a grill, in minutes without any usage. Whatever they say (like "it's your problem but I see no problems"), battery life is horrible. I'd say OSX on this laptop doesn't suit for daily use, just for playing around.

Oh you are lucky, 50% for 1 hour is nothing, comparing to what I have - 10%. No fix, I tried almost everything I found here - all power related kexts, clover settings, injections, dsdts etc etc. The area between keyboard and the screen heats up like a grill, in minutes without any usage. Whatever they say (like "it's your problem but I see no problems"), battery life is horrible. I'd say OSX on this laptop doesn't suit for daily use, just for playing around.
Battery life is poor compared to win and linux, but honestly I don’t feel that much heat form the laptop (it seems to be the same ad my MacBook Air 2015). I’m working with the notebook pro with Mac OS since 3 months, therefore I don’t think that is “just for playing around”, it depends on your needs. the fact that this laptop is not fully compatibile with osx is known since the first post of this thread.

Last edited:
hello, I planned to buy the latest mi notebook pro, will it work with :
2 external monitors (2560x1440)
apple bluetooth keyboard
logitech bluetooth mouse
apple AirPods

Thank you

Hi Neolo, I had a similar problem in one of my installations. After checking everything I realised I had somehow ended up installing a bitcoin miner. Maybe it's worth checking if that's the case with your machine as well.

Hi Neolo, I had a similar problem in one of my installations. After checking everything I realised I had somehow ended up installing a bitcoin miner. Maybe it's worth checking if that's the case with your machine as well.

It's fresh install, battery drains even without opening the browser. I've also updated to bios 603, maybe it's causing the issues.

• NVIDIA MX 150. Disabled via SSDT, will never work.

Can someone explain why is that? Never say never.

Here is ROM of it (one of these two files) from Xiaomi Pro, and go ahead enable it. Extracted from bios update bin file. Because you can't extract it from Windows, because it's embedded in mobo bios.

Attachments

• MX150 Nvidia.zip
    97.6 KB · Views: 129
Can someone explain why is that? Never say never.

Here is ROM of it (one of these two files) from Xiaomi Pro, and go ahead enable it. Extracted from bios update bin file. Because you can't extract it from Windows, because it's embedded in mobo bios.
Because switchable graphics (Optimus technology) is not working on hackintosh. No matter which gpu is.

upd.. BTW, guys, there is the way to disable intel graphic and leave discrete card only? My MNP is on the way and i cant check bios settings by myself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back