Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't working. When I go to install clover it says that it doesn't work with that operating system. So I went back to customize to choose the UEFI boot only and it unchecked a bunch of stuff. Either I'm a complete idiot or these steps are more complicated than hackintosh used to be when it started (I built 3 hackintosh system back in the 10.6 days). Here's what I'm doing:

1. Create installation media from the official macOS installer 10.3.3 for High Sierra using the terminal.
2. Run Clover installer from the installer provided in the Github.
3. Point it to the newly created installation media.
4. Select customize > UEFI boot option. (several options uncheck automatically, I leave it as is).
5. Replace the files installed in the created EFI partition with the files provided in the github.
6. Stick it in the laptop and boot from it.
7. Select the mac option and then it just sits there on the Apple logo indefinitely. Let it sit overnight and nothing changed.

To be clear, I have the 15.6" i7-8550u 16gb model. Is it possible it's just my CPU being slightly (but not really) different and the spoofed version from the custom boot files doesn't work?

Do not replace the files (5), until you had installed the operating system.

Do not replace the files (5), until you had installed the operating system.

Then the Mac boot option doesn’t appear in the clover boot menu.

This isn't working. When I go to install clover it says that it doesn't work with that operating system. So I went back to customize to choose the UEFI boot only and it unchecked a bunch of stuff. Either I'm a complete idiot or these steps are more complicated than hackintosh used to be when it started (I built 3 hackintosh system back in the 10.6 days). Here's what I'm doing:

1. Create installation media from the official macOS installer 10.3.3 for High Sierra using the terminal.
2. Run Clover installer from the installer provided in the Github.
3. Point it to the newly created installation media.
4. Select customize > UEFI boot option. (several options uncheck automatically, I leave it as is).
5. Replace the files installed in the created EFI partition with the files provided in the github.
6. Stick it in the laptop and boot from it.
7. Select the mac option and then it just sits there on the Apple logo indefinitely. Let it sit overnight and nothing changed.

To be clear, I have the 15.6" i7-8550u 16gb model. Is it possible it's just my CPU being slightly (but not really) different and the spoofed version from the custom boot files doesn't work?
The latest Daliansky Clover Installer probably wont work with 10.3.3. You should try using 10.13.4.

The latest Daliansky Clover Installer probably wont work with 10.3.3. You should try using 10.13.4.

haha whoops typo. 10.13.3

Did you forget HFSPlus.efi or apfs.efi?

I'm confused. Another member told me to not copy anything until it's installed? Any chance you could provide some quick steps that give more context to what you mean here?

Nevermind I got to the install menu for macOS! The next problem is the trackpad wasn't working. I know there's a couple posts on here regarding that so I'll take a look back there. Thanks for the help everyone! Making progress :)

Edit: Ok we're in business. macOS 10.13.3 installed, clover installed, booting on its own. Managed to get the trackpad to work by installing the ALCPlug fix provided. A little janky but seems to be the same results as everyone else.

The system is fast and smooth. Now to get a wifi/bt solution. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Last edited:
Hi, I have installed MacOS successfully on my Mi Notebook Pro! Big thanks for all who were involved in this! One question: Is it likely that the accuracy of the trackpad will be further improved in the following month? I can live with a wifi dongle but I find in pretty annoying to have a trackpad that sometimes misbehaves. Thanks for your answer :)

A little janky but seems to be the same results as everyone else.
The system is fast and smooth. Now to get a wifi/bt solution. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Could you describe a little bit more how “janky” it is? Does 3 finger gesture work? Is it only smoothness or functionality as well? Could someone make a brief video describing it, I’m restraining myself to buy that laptop just for this reason.. Thanks folks!

Could you describe a little bit more how “janky” it is? Does 3 finger gesture work? Is it only smoothness or functionality as well? Could someone make a brief video describing it, I’m restraining myself to buy that laptop just for this reason.. Thanks folks!

My touchpad works perfectly with every gesture with the tap to click option turned on. the only thing that is not “like a Mac” is that if you touch it with the bottom part of your hand ( for example while you are writing ) the touchpad will click like it would do if touched with a finger. If you try that on a mbpro or an air you will notice that the curosor will not respond at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back