Contribute
Register

[Guide] Xiaomi Mi Air 13.3 Skylake-U 2016 (1rst Gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello heartless,
congrats!
Let us know what have you updated first in Clover before launching the rgular macos upgrade process?

hello heartless,
congrats!
Let us know what have you updated first in Clover before launching the rgular macos upgrade process?

Thank you @bergui45. I didn't update anything really in Clover. I did a clean-new macOS installation last week following @sakoula's github guide (so whichever Clover version was suggested there, is the one I have). And yesterday I hit the upgrade button in "Software Update", and allowed it to complete. No extra, intermediate steps. It all worked well on its own.

Hello Heartless,
I'm very cautious with this direct upgrade process since last week when i launched Supplementary Update 2 of MacOs Mojave 10.4.6 (1,25GO) it destroyed my working Mojave 10.4.6!!!
Fortunately i had also an extra USB Sandisk SSD as a spare and i used CCCloner to Fix my destroyed shitstem on my internal M.2 SATA Crucial SSD...
What was this massive destruction weapon aka supplementary update 2 of macOs Mojave 10.4.6?

I cannot understand why this "security update" destroyed my working Mojave 10.4.6? as well as a massive destruction weapon??

Hi @bergui45, I understand. This will probably need to be assessed in a per-case basis. I can only talk about my experience, which I can say, first that went well, and second that I didn't do anything in particular, among other reasons, because I wouldn't know how, since I'm completely new to hackintosh (that's why I was initially asking for a guide on how to upgrade hehe). But again in my case the standard upgrade worked (and still works) perfectly fine, with no extra steps to take.

So i will stay patient and wait until what Sakoula will say about Catalina's upgrade...

Hello Sakoula,
a week later it sounds you hadn't yet upgraded to Catalina...?
As you may know i'm cautious since supplement 2 MacOs 10.4.6 security update killed my Hackintosh...?

Hey sakuola,

I got my Mi Air hackingtoshed at first try thanks to your really helpful and easy to understand guide.
Is there an update on the shutdown issue? It would be nice, I fear, I will forget to hard shutdown my notebook constantly.

yours AnyKey

Edit:
What do you mean with "Bluetooth works if using a VM to inject the FW"? What am I supposed to do?

Last edited:
Hello,
just say my trackpad is not well blessed: i only can click when tapping the upper left corner, but nothing else such as drag'n drop or even move a file on the desktop: to get this working i need a mouse instead!
I reinstalled VoodoPS2 from Rehabman with no success...

Glad to say that the Catalina upgrade went nicely without any issue.
WIFI is OK with my AC dongle
YES Sound also is working OK
So I'm happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back