Contribute
Register

Guide: X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep (CPU Power Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide: Asus X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep

I downloaded the latest bios (4608) and used coderush´s tool with this result

As i read it it´s not locked or what ?

(i don´t have the P9X79 yet)
I edited the original post to show you how to check it with AICPUPMI

How can I check if I have MSR register 0xE2 bit 15 set or not? I have a P9X79-E WS with latest 1501 BIOS and can update to latest 1602 BIOS when I'm back home in a couple days.
Edited the OP to answer your question. Sorry I've been busy.

@schwab, please edit your post to show the full AICPUPMI output.

That was the full log, I realized I was running the version of AICPUPMI from another fourm so I don't think its running correctly. I going to use the one you provided and then I will update the log.

Well I ran the different AICPUPMI and this one actually showed all the correct p-states. So i guess everything is working great! I also checked and even though I set max turbo to 4200, I forgot that the 3820 is 3800mhz. I'm glad to have everything working like it should be. Thanks for this great guide!

Well I ran the different AICPUPMI and this one actually showed all the correct p-states. So i guess everything is working great! I also checked and even though I set max turbo to 4200, I forgot that the 3820 is 3800mhz. I'm glad to have everything working like it should be. Thanks for this great guide!
If you set your overclock to reach 4200 in the bios and you generated your SSDT for 4200, then you should reach 4200. I have my system OCed to 4.5ghz.

Everyone BEWARE!
XMP Profile 1 for my ram in R4E BIOS 4804 was completely wrong! Setting AI OverClock tuner to manual and Manually setting all primary, secondary timimings and voltages brought back stability at 2133. Find your SPD info from your ram manufacturer and set your ram overclock manually or at least verify the XMP profiles timings are correct if your on bios 4804.

I edited the original post to show you how to check it with AICPUPMI

Ok
I´ll receive my P9X79 next week so i can´t check that right now.

Can´t i/you read anything from the PMPatch output ?

Ok
I´ll receive my P9X79 next week so i can´t check that right now.

Can´t i/you read anything from the PMPatch output ?
Yes and no. Some people have had it say that nothing at all was patched but the bios is still locked. I haven't used it enough to say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back