Contribute
Register

Guide: X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep (CPU Power Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide: Asus X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep

I have tried 2 configs and do not give me problems usb , usb3 and 2 work ok in this moment , everything seems to work well, the multiplier continues as before.

you better make a new installation?

I use your patch dsdt in my dsdt, I looked like the same board , this right? I sent a unmodified dsdt.

thanks shilohh
I suspect bad bios settings. Are you using strap or BCLK for overclocking? Please use F12 and a Fat formatted USB stick to take screen shots of all the pages of your BIOS.

Hey shilohh,

I want to try your guide, but am unsure if it will work with my system. Can you let me know if it will work?

-Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme (I know the board works)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4960x
-RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
-GPU: 3 EVGA GTX 780s (not in SLI mode)

What flags do I use to boot my system after I make the Unibeast drive? Can I just use "-v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1"? I also posted a thread about my situation on ******: http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/20sz6j/will_my_setup_work/. Also can I copy the SMBios.plist to the Unibeast drive and boot with that?

Thanks.

Hi shilohh
Do you think this would work with an Asus P9X79/i7 3960X ?

shilohh , I remove fakesmc 6.0.1164 and install 6.0.1123 , now work ok , the problem is fakesmc , one more thing to know , no longer update more.

thanks for everything ;)

Hey shilohh,

I want to try your guide, but am unsure if it will work with my system. Can you let me know if it will work?

-Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme (I know the board works)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4960x
-RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
-GPU: 3 EVGA GTX 780s (not in SLI mode)

What flags do I use to boot my system after I make the Unibeast drive? Can I just use "-v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1"? I also posted a thread about my situation on ******: http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/20sz6j/will_my_setup_work/. Also can I copy the SMBios.plist to the Unibeast drive and boot with that?

Thanks.
Yes it should work. You can find the info you need here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...page-iv-extreme-core-i7-3930k-successful.html

shilohh , I remove fakesmc 6.0.1164 and install 6.0.1123 , now work ok , the problem is fakesmc , one more thing to know , no longer update more.

thanks for everything ;)
Thanks. Good to know.

Hi shilohh
Do you think this would work with an Asus P9X79/i7 3960X ?
Yes but I'm not sure if the latest bios is unlocked so you might have to patch it using coderush's tool. Try it.

Thanks. Good to know.

tomorrow proves in my asus P9X79 with the latest bios and i7 3820 oc to 4200 mhz ;).

How can I check if I have MSR register 0xE2 bit 15 set or not? I have a P9X79-E WS with latest 1501 BIOS and can update to latest 1602 BIOS when I'm back home in a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back