Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hi I'm new to this forum but I thought I would share my success in hope that it helps some more people since this seems to be quite a common issue.

I have been working on getting the second display to not blackscreen without having to unplug it and do the whole cable dance. And I managed to fix it by using WhateverGreen 1.4.2 and boot arguments agdpmod=vit9696 and igfxonln=1
It now boots with both monitors active and plugged in. Hope it helps someone.

Hi! This method isn't working for me. DVI-monitor is black( Which "ig-platform-id" do you using? May be you can attach yours config.plist? Please help.

UPD. But this scheme works much better! I should "turn off" - "turn on" cable of HDMI-monitor and both monitor will start working.

Last edited:
Hi @Rudo,

could you please explain a little bit further what you did and what not, because it's not working out of the box for me...

I use CloverConfigurator to add these 2 lines to my bootflags but the second monitor still turns black when the boot reaches about 50%... and the only thing that differs is the screen which stays on, is flickering for a second... before there was no flickering

I use ig-platform-id 0x19120000 and have not applied any other graphic-workarounds.

Like enzo0508 mentioned would be nice if you'd share your config with us

cheers Dan

Edit:
@enzo0508 or maybe you could share your config or tell us how your graphics are configured for clover...

Last edited:
Hi! Here is my config for anyone wanting to try and figure out what I did to make it work. Because i don't actually know what fixed it. All I know is that it started working after I applied the WhateverGreen boot arguments.
It is quite messy, lots of thing I tried are still in there, just disabled. And some things are in there that don't show up in clover configurator.
If I were to guess why it works now I think it's because it loads both displays at boot and keeps them loaded until os or something. I'm not an expert at these things.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.3 KB · Views: 178
Hi! Here is my config for anyone wanting to try and figure out what I did to make it work. Because i don't actually know what fixed it. All I know is that it started working after I applied the WhateverGreen boot arguments.
It is quite messy, lots of thing I tried are still in there, just disabled. And some things are in there that don't show up in clover configurator.
If I were to guess why it works now I think it's because it loads both displays at boot and keeps them loaded until os or something. I'm not an expert at these things.
another reason why it is messy because you got clover configurator to generate a config.plist for you

Yeah I think my config is basically the definition of chaos, which is why I decided to start over from scratch with a new clean slate and try applying each "fix" that I tried until it works and what is just unnecessary garbage.

While doing this I kept looking in IORegestryExplorer to see what had changed between the screen working and it not working. And what I found was that when it was working the AAPL, Display Pipe was either <00 00 00 00> or <02 00 00 00> and when it wasn't working it was always <01 00 00 00>. Now i don't know what that means but it may be a clue to what is causing this issue.

another reason why it is messy because you got clover configurator to generate a config.plist for you
what do you think is the best way editing config.plist ??

@ALL Are there any processor specific settings beside the chosen Mac Version?? - I ask because you, who got it working are on i7-6700k and my system is based on i5-6600... any suggestions or can I ignore this fact?

cheers Dan

Last edited:
Are there any processor specific settings beside the chosen Mac Version?? - I ask because you, who got it working are on i7-6700k and my system is based on i5-6600... any suggestions or can I ignore this fact?

There isn't any processor specific settings that I know of but there may be some motherboard specific ones like hdmi port remapping.

Back