Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hi,
I was running 10.14.3 for some weeks with dual monitor perfectly working on HD530 using the hot plug workaround. I always use the latest versions of WEG, Lilu and Clover.
Yesterday, I updated to 10.14.6 which went smoothly, but I lost the dual monitor functionality.
As I read, Apple made changes to graphics in this version. Does anybody have made similar observations after the update?

@inbe I have used the [GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem) and [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen to patch my HD530 with two monitors.

Have in mind that you need to go through the procedure yourself since each mobo / GPU / monitor combination is not exactly the same.

Still the multimonitor apple support for HD530 is kind of buggy (meaning for example that I always boot with one monitor on and then when on login screen I plug the second monitor. Booting with both monitors on works 50% of the time).

I solved the problem. AGDP disabled the second monitor. It was no problem under 10.14.3 but in 10.14.6 I needed to disable it. :)

Last edited:
I solved the problem. AGDP disabled the second monitor. It was no problem under 10.14.3 but in 10.14.6 I needed to disable it. :)
Hi @inbe, now i'm using 10.12.4 with dual monitor(1hdmi + 1dvi), it works fine with hot plug. But recently I want to updated to 12.14.6 and make a clean installation, so I just tested in another SSD, and I found that other things works perfectly except displaying with dual monitors. Could you please give me some tips how to get dual monitor worked with hd530 in 10.12.6 after installation?
Thanks in advance.

I figured out that I just needed make a prevent AGDP patch due to iMac 17 restriction.
But now I have another problem, which is after I click the "Shut Down" button, the computer will not be correctly shutdown, the fans are still working. Have you the same problem?

Hello everyone:
I have a Asrock H110M itx/ac runs Mojave 10.14.5 well. The HDMI is the primary monitor for a long time and I like to add another monitor. According to this thread, page 3, I found user unijhesk used identical motherboard as mine. Wildwillow suggested him activate the 4th port (0x07) and check the primary / secondary monitor in turn. I made some changes on config.plist. But there is no any AppleIntelFrameBuffer@3, port 0x07 on IORegistry, nor on Hackintool. What did I miss? Thank you guys so much.

Attachments

• 螢幕快照 2019-11-04 下午1.44.15.png
    螢幕快照 2019-11-04 下午1.44.15.png
    290.3 KB · Views: 176
  • config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DDR 6500.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Anyone can help me? I can't run the dual monitor on my setup currently I'm on 10.14.6 Thanks!

Waste a whole week to get ride of hot-plugin. I guess a HDMI switch is the only solution for now.

I gave up as well. Now I use a AMD R9 270 to make it work. One output from HD530, another from R9 270. 60+fps on minecraft. Easy and satisfied.

hot-plug is not longer working after updating whatevergreen. Dam, it's eating my hairs.

Back