Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hey aol,
I've not updated and tested 10.12.4 and HD530 yet. Hopefully at the weekend. Thanks for posting your experiences so far. There does seem to be some discrepancies when dual monitors using DVI and HDMI.
I'd love to know more about what you are referring to. While the net result of upgrading to 10.12.4 allowed me to remove all the 530 patches while seeming to no longer support my old Apple Cinema Display vi DVI, I have gained some new issues related to display sleep. In short, even briefly sleeping the display crashes the machine (apparently).

I do see someone posted a link about sleep working now on the 530 at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hd530-sleeps-but-wont-wake.190929/page-19#post-1467672. I'll read up on that.

I'd love to know more about what you are referring to. While the net result of upgrading to 10.12.4 allowed me to remove all the 530 patches while seeming to no longer support my old Apple Cinema Display vi DVI, I have gained some new issues related to display sleep. In short, even briefly sleeping the display crashes the machine (apparently).

I do see someone posted a link about sleep working now on the 530 at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hd530-sleeps-but-wont-wake.190929/page-19#post-1467672. I'll read up on that.
It seems to be more a straight forward procedure when there is a native DP on the motherboard. When the motherboard only has HDMI/DVI it appears more of a struggle to get dual monitors working correctly. Only one user has success with sleep from your link.

Right I posted before reading, and it looks like it's not applicable in general, that 10.12.4 doesn't broadly fix sleep natively on the 530. Bummer.

I have two bootable Sierra partitions and one sleeps the display and shuts down cleanly while the other does not. So clearly it's something in the config on one side (and not a BIOS issue or 10.12.4 issue). So that's positive. Hopefully I'll shortly be in dual-monitor, display sleep, clean shutdown nirvana, having given up on system sleep for now.

I've patched AGPD, but second connector still not work

I've patched AGPD, but second connector still not work
I'm not surprised, since the connectors are patched for HDMI and both your monitors are DP.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other, display sleep working ok with dual monitors on the 530 on 10.12.4? (not system sleep, just display sleep - set a "hot corner" in screensaver system prefs to "put display to sleep" and mouse there)

On my system, if I have only one monitor up, display sleep works fine, and reboot/shutdown works fine. However, if I turn on the second monitor, display sleep crashes the machine, and shutdown/reboot hangs: the screens go off but the computer never actually powers off.

Ug.

Hi everyone, I'm getting quite frustrated these days because I can't get my ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming Displayport to work :( I get no signal at all out of it.

Any suggestions? HDMI only gives me 30 hz on my DELL u3415w. Any help is appreciated. :)

Hi,

i've the same configuration as you (with exception of the CPU) and both DP and HDMI work fine - either with single or dual monitor setup (hot plug method).

How did you set your UEFI settings? I used the guide by neilhart for BIOS/UEFI settings. If it still won't work afterwards, maybe tell us which patches, kexts, ... you are using.

Hi,

i've the same configuration as you (with exception of the CPU) and both DP and HDMI work fine - either with single or dual monitor setup (hot plug method).

How did you set your UEFI settings? I used the guide by neilhart for BIOS/UEFI settings. If it still won't work afterwards, maybe tell us which patches, kexts, ... you are using.

Did you install El Capitan or Sierra?
And could you use the Displayport also in BIOS or just within MacOS?

Maybe my cable is just broken.. but I don't think so, because I tried two.

I will check my UEFI Settings again, but I think they're right.

I installed Sierra.

I use DisplayPort from the beginning, in BIOS as well as in macOS. You definitely should get a signal there. Have you checked your monitor? And tried to switch the input channel?

Back