Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Did anyone make dual monitors work on Catalina? Hot-plug method doesn't seem to work anymore for me

So, @acidanthera just released the new build of Whatevergreen 1.3.8 and going through the bootarg, I see some mildly interesting parts...
  • Added igfxfw=2 boot argument and igfxfw IGPU property to load Apple GuC firmware
  • Added igfxpavp=1 boot argument (and igfxpavp property) to force enable PAVP output
  • Added igfxfcms=1 boot argument (and complete-modeset property) on Skylake and Apple
  • Improved performance with Lilu 1.4.3 APIs
  • Added -igfxfbdbg boot argument to debug IGPU framebuffer (debug builds only)
  • Added igfxagdc=0 boot argument and disable-agdc IGPU property to disable AGDC
  • Added igfxonln=1 boot argument and force-online IGPU property force online status for all displays
  • Added igfxonlnfbs=MASK boot argument and force-online-framebuffers IGPU property to override display status
Do you think anything there could be used to help us with dualdisplays on IGPUs (530/630 etc.).

I figured out that I just needed make a prevent AGDP patch due to iMac 17 restriction.
But now I have another problem, which is after I click the "Shut Down" button, the computer will not be correctly shutdown, the fans are still working. Have you the same problem?
could you help me how to prevent AGDP ?

I solved the problem. AGDP disabled the second monitor. It was no problem under 10.14.3 but in 10.14.6 I needed to disable it. :)
How to disable AGDP ?

Hi folks ;)

Any updates for Catalina users?? For me dual screen isn't working anymore with hotplug method...
hope there would be any progress even its an old build and hd530 is a bit outdated

cheers Dan

Last edited:
Does anyone fix dual monitors for Catalina HD 530 ?

Hi, i have a question about this guide.. I have hd 530 and i have two display ports and 1 vga.. This guide as i see is just for hdmi or i can use it also to enable second display port? I applied all the steps and now i still don't have the second DP enabled.. I saw that i have to put in clover.plist file the patches for the active connectors.. But this patches are just for 0x5, 0x6 and 0x7.. In the hackintool i see that the connectors are 0x5 and ox4? What should i do? Also i inserted the 0x6 patch twice and still it does not work.. Can you help me? Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.56.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.56.05 PM.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.56.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.56.41 PM.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
that helps me a lot,tks! I am enabling HD530 dual monitor on dell optilex 7040, catalina 10.15.6. Dual monitor can finally works with the apple graphics policy patch. before that, I find only one monitor can work no matter it was connectted by HDMI or DP.

that helps me a lot,tks! I am enabling HD530 dual monitor on dell optilex 7040, catalina 10.15.6. Dual monitor can finally works with the apple graphics policy patch. before that, I find only one monitor can work no matter it was connectted by HDMI or DP.
Hey, so what patching stuff did you use in your config.plist. I have an RX580 but I want to use my IntelHD 530 to drive my display

Back