Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hi all
I'm trying to apply this workaround to my i7 7700k system (HD 630).

In step 5 config.plist connector patches - 1912000 we have the following code to be added to config.plist.

> port0x5:
> Comment : 10.11.4+-SKL-port_0x5-DP2HDMI
> Find <01050900 00040000 87010000>
> Name : AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
> Replace <01050900 00080000 87010000>

I understand how to figure out which port is which using IoRegistryExplorer.
I understand that the middle of the 3 numbers in the 'find' and 'replace' parameters is to tell the system what type of video output is on what port, and that "00040000" refers to a DP connector and "00080000" to an HDMI connector.
I don't understand what the numbers before and after those are - please can someone explain?

Thank you!

I have another question, about using Lilu. Is it enough to just have the file in /library/extensions and/or /EFI/clover/kexts/other? I feel like there needs to be a reference to it in config.plist to actually tell the system to use it, but I'm not sure where or how.

Thanks for helping a newb!

Thanks for the guide, as long as I hot swap I can get both working okay.

We still have no way of getting sleep or hibernate to work with the 530 and dual monitors, correct?

Last edited:
Hey, have you tested it out with Mojave?
And can you please explain the AGDPfix.

Mojave not tested, I am use 10.13.5 one month only.
For AGDP details see post #237.

With Whatevergreen and FB patcher so far I've been able to get full acceleration, still trying to get the second monitor to work.

Screenshot 2018-10-10 at 12.21.16 PM.png

Hi all. I just moved from EL CAPITAN to SIERRA and I no longer get the double monitor to work well. I follow all the steps as and after patching with AGDPfix, Restart the system connected the second monitor and everything works correctly, but when I restart again when connecting the second monitor and the two monitors remain black and when disconnecting the second the system restart How can i fix this?

Are you saying that you could boot with dual monitors in El Capitan? I would like to be able to do this, but have never been able with any version of the OS.

Are you saying that you could boot with dual monitors in El Capitan? I would like to be able to do this, but have never been able with any version of the OS.
Start both at the same time no. But if you start with one and connect the second hot and both work as indicated in the guide.

have dual monitor on Mojave 10.14.2, no hot plug needed. works well. HD 530 i5 6500, HP EliteDesk 800 G2

dual DP (as in youre PC ) supported MAC OS natively

Hi all. I just moved from EL CAPITAN to SIERRA and I no longer get the double monitor to work well. I follow all the steps as and after patching with AGDPfix, Restart the system connected the second monitor and everything works correctly, but when I restart again when connecting the second monitor and the two monitors remain black and when disconnecting the second the system restart How can i fix this?

help me please

Back