Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hello wildwillow,

It seems not working for me.
I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.3
My current monitor is connected via DP and is on port 0x5, the connector type is good too <00 04 00 00>
I added the 4th display patch and the DSDT patch then ran the App v1.3 but if I replug my monitor it stays black and sometime the computer reboot.

Hello wildwillow,

It seems not working for me.
I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.3
My current monitor is connected via DP and is on port 0x5, the connector type is good too <00 04 00 00>
I added the 4th display patch and the DSDT patch then ran the App v1.3 but if I replug my monitor it stays black and sometime the computer reboot.
Hi william57m,
Are you talking about unplugging a single(your primary) monitor and plugging it back in? Are you trying to get dual monitors connected and working?

Yes I was talking about my primary monitor, it doesn't back in after unplug and re-plug, I also tried to plug a second monitor but without success.

Why do you need to remove your primary display? This thread is for dual monitors, hot plugging a 2nd display.
Looking at your port layout you would need to patch the HDMI or DVI connector as described in post#1. To find out what port number they are attached to, boot with only the second display connected and look in IOReg.

Sorry I thought I had to test each independently.

Ok, so when I boot on my TV (HDMI) then I plug my DP monitor, the TV turns black and my DP monitor works, but I see the 2 monitors in the settings but the TV is black. If I unplug the DP monitor the TV doesn't come back and if I replug the DP it doesn't come back too...

I patched my two ports (0x5: DP, 0x6: HDMI)

140267ScreenShot20170213at114128AM.png

No need to patch your DP connector port0x5 for HDMI since this matches the native connector in the framebuffer.
In System Preferences/Displays lower the resolution on your 2560x1440 display to match your 1920x1080 display.
When you connect the 2nd display, select it to use as a separate display. Once you've done this you'll be able to raise the resolution on your 2560x1440 monitor.

Your motherboard :
DisplayPort - Port0x5 For now make this your primary display and remove the connector patch.
HDMI - Port0x6 Hot plug this with a connector edit in place.
DVI - Port0x7

Attach a copy of IOReg with your next reply.

Ok it works when I boot on HDMI then plug the DP, I now have the 2 display, but it doesn't work in the other way. When I boot on DP then plug HDMI it doesn't work.
This is a something I haven't worked out yet. Since I have DP and HDMI connectors I have to boot with DP and hotplug my HDMI display. I've tested different hotplug values with no success. Well you now have working dual monitors, you can make your change your primary over in System Preferences - Displays. If you need to there is information in Post#1
And the registry (I can send you the file by private message if necessary)
No need now thanks, since you said you were getting a black screen I wanted to check that it wasn't because of AGDP. You have working monitors and I can see in the screen shots of IOReg.

Thanks, I set my DP monitor as primary monitor but each time I reboot and replug it, I have to get down the resolution to make the HDMI working then set it as primary...
As the title says its a workaround but once at the desktop dual monitors is better than one. I hope that a proper solution is found in the near future.

By the way my audio doesn't work on HDMI, I followed the steps under CloverHDMI (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/)
HDMI audio is off topic. Post the linked thread where toleda can assist you. Remember that you now have your HDMI connector patched for HDMI. If you require assistance provide the Problem Reporting files so that you get the help you need.

Back