Contribute
Register

[Guide-WIP] Lenovo Ideapad 710s 13 Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two opinions regarding kext inject or sip disabled and install to l/e.
I prefer inject and cannot remember why the laptop is not configured that way. But since there is no problem I let it be like it is now.

As far as I know you only need partly genuine serial numbers if you want to use iMessage. Can be wrong on that though.

Use clover generator and customize a few of the symbols (cant remember which ones, google) and confirm with everymac.com to see if it is genuine and use an appl server (cannot remember, look for ”An iDiots guide to iMessage” here on tonymac) to check that no real mac is using that particular valid serial number.

My /CLOVER/ and my CodecCommander copy.

Careful with using that. You are not able to copy and paste, and copying between Clover Configurator windows can lead to strange results.

Notes:

I am no longer using MacBook Air definition. This post .plist use definitions for MacBook Pro 14,1
Values for serial no and MLB and smuuid in RTVariables, SMBIOS and System Parameters in config.plist are omitted.
There are kexts in /Other/, but the config.plist is set to Detect. I boot from L/E/. Do not get confused because there are kexts in /Other/, they are not in use..
You may be able to use my DSDT and other .aml files in ACPI/Patched, but you may also not be. Have backups handy if you try them.
I have Intel Speedstep enabled in config.plist. It might interfere if you just copy the plist, I don't know.

My CLOVER setup is using OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi in /drivers64UEFI/. Again, a reason to not just copy and paste certain folders. You can use it too but you have to install it properly through Clover installation. You can and should uninstall RCScripts and EmuVariable (and AptioFix2) if you do.

I probably have forgotten something else. Be careful what you're doing and good luck!

Could you please attach .kext files, that you use for your Intel HD 620 graphics card.
I have HP laptop with i5-7200U and HD620 and I'm trying to get full graphics acceleration working.
Thank you.

Hey guys!
I want to get the touchpad working on my ideapad 720s. I am not sure if it is a PS2 oder I2C trackpad. When I am booting up the installers, there is one line with:

VoodooPS2Trackpad: Version 1.8.34 starting on Darwin 17.7.

What does it mean? In my opinion, my laptops touchpad is connected over the PS2 bus, but new laptops use the I2C. After installing the PS2 kext written by @RehabMan, it's still not working.

How did you get your trackpad working on you 710s @dronefriend ?

Greets!

Hey guys!
I want to get the touchpad working on my ideapad 720s. I am not sure if it is a PS2 oder I2C trackpad. When I am booting up the installers, there is one line with:

What does it mean? In my opinion, my laptops touchpad is connected over the PS2 bus, but new laptops use the I2C. After installing the PS2 kext written by @RehabMan, it's still not working.

Greets!

Hey guys!

Greets!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thank you for your guide!

I purchased a lenovo 320s (15") yesterday, I will receive it in few days but I am already preparing the usb stick.
I have a question, should I follow this guide ? I mean that only the cpu looks different, do someone have an idea of somewhat else that might differ ?

Thank you for reading !

I have sold this laptop and will longer be able to support you with this. Best of luck, use this forum and you will find answers!

Yeah this community is really nice! I already hackintoshed my desktop by only reading this forum.
But it looks it will be quite longer for the laptop. I will post my tips / results here if special things need to be done.
Have a good day

Thank you for your guide!

I purchased a lenovo 320s (15") yesterday, I will receive it in few days but I am already preparing the usb stick.
I have a question, should I follow this guide ? I mean that only the cpu looks different, do someone have an idea of somewhat else that might differ ?

Thank you for reading !

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back