Contribute
Register

[Guide-WIP] Lenovo Ideapad 710s 13 Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did actually already order the WiFi chip and got this one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...67Mbps-WIFI-Bluetooth-BT-4-0/32717370245.html

I don't know if I messed up or not but it looks the same to me. They're both BCM94352Z so I hope that chip works.

I realised before I bought the 710s that it was going to be a lot of work. Still looking forward to this! It's going to be frustrating and fun at the same time and a great learning experience.
I think that'll work.

Good attitude :) RehabMan on this forum is the best resource available. He has helped out with a lot of the stuff.

You should get this BIOS

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/sv/...ooks/700-series/710s-13ikb/downloads/ds118654

sorry about the Swedish language version of the page, hope you can change that.

You need to apply that BIOS before you attempt OSX install. That version should be better than the one I originally linked. I have not been able to try it though, I am still on the old LINUX Only BIOS.

If you're gonna wanna copy my DSDT right off then you should probably use that BIOS as well.. but if I were you I would go for the new one. It might be better, this laptop has some strange USB issues from time to time.

Thanks dronefriend. the website came out in english automatically for me. I was planning on using the updated firmware anyway so I think that's what I'm going to do.

Edit: I just ran Speccy on the 710s to get all the hardware information so I can find the right kexts more accurately.

You need latest versions of

ACPIBatteryManager
AppleALC
AppleBacklightInjector
BrcmFirmwareRepo
BcrmPatchRAM2
CodecCommander
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
IntelGraphicsFixup
Lilu
SATA-100-series-unnsupported
Shiki
USBInjectAll
VoodooPS2Controller

for final install.. install to L/E.

For Installer USB you do not need all of them.

And you need a couple of SSDTs and DSDT patches. Can get back on that

You need latest versions of

ACPIBatteryManager
AppleALC
AppleBacklightInjector
BrcmFirmwareRepo
BcrmPatchRAM2
CodecCommander
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
FakePCIID
FakeSMC
IntelGraphicsFixup
Lilu
SATA-100-series-unnsupported
Shiki
USBInjectAll
VoodooPS2Controller

for final install.. install to L/E.

For Installer USB you do not need all of them.

And you need a couple of SSDTs and DSDT patches. Can get back on that

You're amazing. Thank you.

I'm going to see if I can write up a guide and pass it along to you for approval, so others you might be looking at this laptop could have a High Sierra guide. Thanks!

You're amazing. Thank you.

I'm going to see if I can write up a guide and pass it along to you for approval, so others you might be looking at this laptop could have a High Sierra guide. Thanks!
here you go buddy. My /CLOVER/

Notes:
My Serial Number omitted
You cannot use my DSDT if you are using a different BIOS
You MUST use a DVMT-prealloc patch. The patch is already in KextToPatch, but first. time you boot, it must be using platform-id 0x12345678 as opposed to 0x59160000, which you can and should use after you. have successfully booted and rebuilt. cache using

sudo kextcache -i /
in terminal

Sorry about dots in text, this laptop. sometimes produces them when using spacebar. You'll find out soon enough ^^

There are some DSDT patches you need to apply to your own DSDT. From top of my head:
Keyboard brightness patch
zero sync mutex

might be something else.

You should be able to. use the custom SSDTs though. Try them.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 173
So I'm having an interesting issue. I've updated to the latest BIOS. I followed the guide about going into command prompt and typing the bcdedit command before switching to AHCI in the BIOS. All of that works fine and windows boots up again. But when I go into Device Manager to confirm the switch, I have zero information about the SSD.
CVaNeWR.jpg
2OO8VzI.jpg

I think that you might not have gotten the new AHCI drivers from AUtoUpdate just yet. Try and search in Windows Update and then do reboot if necessary.

If not found, try and google for Samsung AHCI windows drivers.

Tinker with it, I cannot help you with this since I don't have Windows installed myself..

I think that you might not have gotten the new AHCI drivers from AUtoUpdate just yet. Try and search in Windows Update and then do reboot if necessary.

If not found, try and google for Samsung AHCI windows drivers.

Tinker with it, I cannot help you with this since I don't have Windows installed myself..
Good suggestions. I'll try those out and get back to you once I've gotten high Sierra up and running.

Hi dronefriend,

Could you write a bit about you average battery life while doing light tasks like using chrome and pdf's, and if you use Lightroom or Affinity these aswell ?
Your Guide looks awesome, i'll try to install macos in the near future ;)

Hey dronefriend,

I just bought a Ideapad 710s-13ISK (Skylake) and I am wondering how I choose the right WIFI module. I just learnend that Lenovo does some kind of whitelisting of these cards so any help here would be gladly appreciated since I don't wanna buy dozens of wrong cards until I'm lucky ;)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back