Method (_Q1C, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
Notify (KBD0, 0x0406)
}

Method (_Q1D, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
Notify (KBD0, 0x0405)
}

Inserting "Notify" line to dsdt worked perfectly in Macisl just press patch and save! :)

Hi i'm new
My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 710S-13IKB
Intel 7500U, Intel HD Graphics 620, 8 GB RAM and Intel SSD 600p Series 256GB NVMe
i follow the tutorial but i don't know how to compile FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Generic USB3 master
because i don't have any background in xcode can anyone help me
thanks

Check this video for patching dsdt helps a lot. Good luck!

Super will test brightness keys fix soon. You think there any advantages with Sierra? If I do a software update to Sierra will it break my system?
Nope no real advantages.. I just have a habit of updating. And wanted to run Sierra on both my desktop and laptop so my rescue USB would work on both..

It will definitely break your system if you do a software update with no clover and kext changes from 11.6. There weren't too many differences but a few critical from what I remember.. Beware :beachball::banghead:

Hey

Its a Sammy PM961 and in OSX is reaches around 1800mbit/s read and 1200 write speeds. Be aware, the write speed throttles down to around 400 mb/s when running speed test. Dont know why.

Cant remember windows speeds but they were slightly better and no throttling, but not completely sure.

Oh, thank you very much! Maybe you can also say something about throttling (of CPU) on 710s? It's a really big problem on your version with i5-7200U? I trying to decide which version of 710s i should buy, and a little bit afraid of buying 710s with i7-7500U (because of throttling).

Last edited:
Oh, thank you very much! Maybe you can also say something about throttling (of CPU) on 710s? It's a really big problem on your version with i5-7200U? I trying to decide which version of 710s i should buy, and a little bit afraid of buying 710s with i7-7500U (because of throttling).
I haven't seen any throttling but I don't run heavy benchmarks on it. And rarely demanding apps..

No throttling under light/medium usage, that is all I can tell you.

FYI, this computer is now running High Sierra GM. I may post a guide based on this one for it. There have been changes.

FYI, this computer is now running High Sierra GM. I may post a guide based on this one for it. There have been changes.

I just bought this laptop for my wife for the purpose of turning it into a hackintosh and I'd be interested in what changes have occurred with High Sierra.

Hope you don't mind me reaching out as I'm completely new to all of this so I get lost in the threads. I'm trying to read everything I can before I start working in the 710s.

Appreciate the guide you created for El Capitan.

Also, I've been looking, but I can't find out why you chose to use clover and not unibeast. (I do know that unibeast installs clover onto the usb)

Thanks!

Edit: after doing some Googling, I found the answer. For anyone who comes this way and has the same question, using clover instead of unibeast allows you to be more precise for your specific hardware.

Last edited:
Yes, that is correct. I have also had issues with Multibeast in the past. Feels better to do it yourself. Installation procedure is easy, hard part is knowing what you need and tinkering with it.

I might get time to put up an extremely straight forward guide for High Sierra.

If your wife wants WiFi you need to order a new WiFi chip for the laptop. Might sound complicated but it was actually easy to install. This is what you need:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191948663512?ul_noapp=true

If you decide to find the chip yourself or use a different seller, be sure to get exactly that version. They have different ROM/firmware and notches.

Also, you should be aware that this is no picknick, even with a guide. I was surprised at the amount of work needed. A hackintosh laptop is in another league from desktops.

I did actually already order the WiFi chip and got this one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...67Mbps-WIFI-Bluetooth-BT-4-0/32717370245.html

I don't know if I messed up or not but it looks the same to me. They're both BCM94352Z so I hope that chip works.

I realised before I bought the 710s that it was going to be a lot of work. Still looking forward to this! It's going to be frustrating and fun at the same time and a great learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back