Contribute
Register

[Guide-WIP] Lenovo Ideapad 710s 13 Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
To use your hotkeys on keyboard, you also need a DSDT patch. Find the patch in RehabMans Brightness thread. The keys you are looking for are: _____ (I'll get back on this)

Thank you for a perfect tutorial my hackintosh is almost done only this left...

Thank you for a perfect tutorial my hackintosh is almost done only this left...
I tried looking in my DSDT but I couldn't find it. I've forgotten where to look! I'm sorry.

Everything else working out OK?

It´s working pretty good. Can´t disable bluetooth in system preferences and the laptop is maybe running a little hot but everything works. Had to buy an external usb wifi chip (Edimax 150n nano) because of intel wifi/bluetooth.

Bluetooth is working OOB.

Thanks again for the guide saved me so much time.

It´s working pretty good. Can´t disable bluetooth in system preferences and the laptop is maybe running a little hot but everything works. Had to buy an external usb wifi chip (Edimax 150n nano) because of intel wifi/bluetooth.

Thanks Im glad you appreciate it! I will get the values for the brightness keys in a couple of days, got a lot on my plate at the moment but I'll take care of it.

I have upgraded to Sierra since I wrote this guide. There were some changes in necessary files but not too much.. would you like it if I tried putting together something to help you update?

No differences from El Cap really support-wise.. the brightness levels are a little different, even with the appropiate patch by Rehabman, but that's pretty much it.

Hi i'm new
My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 710S-13IKB
Intel 7500U, Intel HD Graphics 620, 8 GB RAM and Intel SSD 600p Series 256GB NVMe
i follow the tutorial but i don't know how to compile FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Generic USB3 master
because i don't have any background in xcode can anyone help me
thanks

Hi i'm new
My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 710S-13IKB
Intel 7500U, Intel HD Graphics 620, 8 GB RAM and Intel SSD 600p Series 256GB NVMe
i follow the tutorial but i don't know how to compile FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and Generic USB3 master
because i don't have any background in xcode can anyone help me
thanks

No need to compile them.
Prebuilt kexts are provided.
Read the github README for prebuilt location on bitbucket.

i didn't find .kext file

Follow the link to bitbucket provided in each github README.
Kexts are in the release ZIP.
You will need to learn to read carefully.

The brightness key values you are looking for are 0x0406 and 0x0405. This is the patch you want to apply:
Code:
into method label _Q1C replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD0, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _Q1D replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.KBD0, 0x0406)\n
end;
Also, notice how the keyboard is not labeled PS2K as in RehabMans patching guide, but KBD0. Good luck!

Last edited:
Super will test brightness keys fix soon. You think there any advantages with Sierra? If I do a software update to Sierra will it break my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back