- Nov 12, 2017
- Lenovo IdeaPad 710S Plus-13IKB (Clover)
- i5 7th Gen 7200u (2.50 GHz) Kaby Lake dual core - CPU L3 Cache 3 MB
- Intel HD Graphics 620, Display Type: Full HD, Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Mobile Phone
I'm not dronefriend, but I used his help a lot so I hope I can answer this.
I bought the ideapad 710s to turn it into a hackintosh for my wife. It definitely is not a simple journey, it's definitely worth it. I was able to install high Sierra on it and my wife is blown away and couldn't be happier with it.
Some advice, read everything that is suggested. Read it thoroughly, even if something seems like it might not apply to you.
With high Sierra, I didn't have to worry about kexts for the nvme SSD. That reduced a lot of work. Some things that are giving me an issue, that I'm still working on (but haven't had time to work out yet):
- laptop doesn't go into sleep mode when I close the lid.
- Trackpad gestures don't work.
- Function keys like brightness control don't work (but the brightness control slider is present in the OS and works.)
- audio doesn't work.
- webcam doesn't work.
That's it so far. Please understand this doesn't mean these functions don't work yet, just that I still have to work them out.
It definitely is worth it.