Contribute
Register

[Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI

Read the README.
The README.md says this "SSDT-Config.dsl - This file provides configuration data for other SSDTs. Read the comments within the file for more information."
I have read the comments, and I say this above "From the description in the SSDT-Config.dsl file, it looks like the hotpatch files I have selected below have no setting inside."

The README.md says this "SSDT-Config.dsl - This file provides configuration data for other SSDTs. Read the comments within the file for more information."
I have read the comments, and I say this above "From the description in the SSDT-Config.dsl file, it looks like the hotpatch files I have selected below have no setting inside."

You need to read the entire README.
For example:
SSDT-IGPU.dsl This SSDT injects Intel GPU properties depending on the configuration data in SSDT-Config and the device-id that is discovered to be present on the system. It assumes the IGPU is named IGPU (typical is GFX0, requring GFX0->IGPU rename). Configured with RMCF.TYPE, RMCF.HIGH, RMCF.IGPI.

You need to read the entire README.
For example:
If there is any that I do not require, for example AUDL: Audio Layout, should I comment the code or will leave it there do any any harm?

Last edited:
If there is any that I do not require, for example AUDL: Audio Layout, should I comment the code or will leave it there do any any harm?

As per README, RMCF.AUDL is used to configure the layout-id injected by SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU.
Please read the README before asking questions.

As per README, RMCF.AUDL is used to configure the layout-id injected by SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU.
Please read the README before asking questions.
Some things are not obvious to me who has just started learning, I am still picking up slowly.
I am not using these hotpatch files SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU because I assume I do not them as I have a usb dac.
Do I need to comment their config or can leave them be in SSDT-Config.aml?

Some things are not obvious to me who has just started learning, I am still picking up slowly.
I am not using these hotpatch files SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-HDAU because I assume I do not them as I have a usb dac.
Do I need to comment their config or can leave them be in SSDT-Config.aml?

They will have no effect without SSDT-HDEF/SSDT-HDAU.

Your profile/signature has no hardware details for your laptop. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I am not using a laptop, is this guide not relevant for a desktop pc?

Primarily this is for laptops (hence battery patching, disabling dual/switched-GPU, etc).
But you can apply the same techniques to a desktop. Desktops are usually much simpler as there are typically only a few patches needed.
Typically, if you're going to start asking questions regarding a desktop in the laptop forum, it is something you make a special note of.

Back