Contribute
Register

[Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI

Sorry, my English is poor. I don't know how to express what I mean!
I have some features that are occasionally dysfunctional and I don't want to extract the original ACPI file to see if this problem can be reduced, but the original DSDT is wrong and I'm not sure if this error will affect the entire system

If you have an issue, you must:
- open a separate thread
- describe the problem in detail
- attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ

In your tutorial on fixing DSDT, you mentioned that you want to fix... warnings, and optimizations!

No, I did not.

One more question, I found Namepath in ECDT.aml: "\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0", I choose Rename EC0 to EC, or select SSDT-hack.aml to inject Device (EC) Name (_HID, EC000000) .....Thanks:)

Attachments

• EC.png
    EC.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 159
  • EC0.png
    EC0.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 181
  • LPCB.EC0.png
    LPCB.EC0.png
    123 KB · Views: 146
  • DSDT-LPCB.EC0.png
    DSDT-LPCB.EC0.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 157
This second post is dedicated to patching battery status with Clover hotpatch. To demonstrate the process, we will work through an example DSDT. The example files used are from the guide for disabling discrete graphics, an "Asus UX303LN".

FYI: Post #2 covers hotpatch for battery status, mostly by explaining with an example.

Disabling discrete/switched GPU with Hotpatch

This third post is dedicated to hotpatching required for disabling the discrete GPU in a switched dual-GPU laptop,

FYI: Added post #3 for hotpatch disable discrete GPU.

FYI: Added post #3 for hotpatch disable discrete GPU.

Well. Thanks. That "simple" Asus K550VX-DM406T example worked perfectly for me too, as is, disabling my Nvidia GTX 960M

You had helped me in the past with disabling my GTX 960M. My _OFF Method is in my SSDT-13. It calls PGOF which is in SSDT-3. No EC references in either.

In the past, you had me call _OFF from a newly created _INI in SSDT-13:
Code:
Method(_INI) { _OFF() }

This new "simple" Asus K550VX-DM406T is a lot more cleaner and straightforward. I don't have to drop OEM_SSDT anymore to use the modified SSDT-13 and there's no conflict with the Method _DSM at \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP in SSDT-13

GTX960M_disabled.png

Attachments

• SSDT-13.dsl
    43.5 KB · Views: 144
  • SSDT-3.dsl
    174 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Well. Thanks. That "simple" Asus K550VX-DM406T example worked perfectly for me too, as is, disabling my Nvidia GTX 960M

You had helped me in the past with disabling my GTX 960M. My _OFF Method is in my SSDT-13. It calls PGOF which is in SSDT-3. No EC references in either.

In the past, you had me call _OFF from a newly created _INI in SSDT-13:
Code:
Method(_INI) { _OFF() }

This new "simple" Asus K550VX-DM406T is a lot more cleaner and straightforward. I don't have to drop OEM_SSDT anymore to use the modified SSDT-13 and there's no conflict with the Method _DSM at \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP in SSDT-13

View attachment 285495

No need for any patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched (DSDT or SSDT) when using hotpatch.

Excellent Guides as always @RehabMan
I will definitely spent some time analyzing that "Disabling Discrete Graphics" Post #3 since i have not much experience on this.
My B570e was easy to do so since only the SSDT-Disable_DGPU.dsl did the job.
While for Battery Status, it will be easier for all users now since they have a guide for it & also for DGPU.
For me it took like a week, had to do it on my own and ofc with your constant assistance on the T440P.
But i don't regret a single second spent on it since i learned a lot through the process.
Might want to engage on Disabling DGPU on Hotpatch on someones laptop just for the learning when i get some free time for it.

Hi,RehabMan. Thanks for your work.I am trying to use this new way by hotpatch to patch dsdt. But in the first I stuck here, injection HD4000 ID, it cannot working. I need some help.
Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 5.35.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 5.36.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 5.37.59 PM.png

and this is my N56VV origin DSDT.dsl
can u help me, what's missing?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    638.4 KB · Views: 133
Back