Contribute
Register

[Guide] Using Clover to "hotpatch" ACPI

I have simply changed the 0x0D 0x03 to 0x0D 0x00 and works well.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>instant wake fix</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
EgYCCg0KAw==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
EgYCCg0KAA==
</data>
</dict>

Hello Rehabman.

I'm now works well with hotpatch on my HP Pavilion g4 1018tu.
And now I have a problem in _PRW.

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
0x0D,
0x03
})

Mine have no _PRW method in EHC1 and EHC2 but only Name(_PRW).

So how to change the 0x03 to 0 in my Name(_PRW) rather than Method(_PRW).

I have simply changed the 0x0D 0x03 to 0x0D 0x00 and works well.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>instant wake fix</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
EgYCCg0KAw==
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
EgYCCg0KAA==
</data>
</dict>

Yes... this is where a mixed listing comes in handy.

First of all thanks for your awesome guide.
In my knowledge i think i finally managed to fully hotpatch my L440 and have 0 static patch.
I tried to follow your guide as much as possible to not ask for simple questions that are answered on the guide.
So my question is:
Can you please take a look at my Data and see if everything is ok,if it`s something wrong/not needed/missing please let me know.
i want to assure that everything seems fine before updating my guide for L440 with new HotPatch method.
As far as i tried to test stuff,i don`t see something not working,but you might be able to see better than me on this area.
Here you have attached my Data.

Attachments

• Rehabman.zip
    613.4 KB · Views: 71
First of all thanks for your awesome guide.
In my knowledge i think i finally managed to fully hotpatch my L440 and have 0 static patch.
I tried to follow your guide as much as possible to not ask for simple questions that are answered on the guide.
So my question is:
Can you please take a look at my Data and see if everything is ok,if it`s something wrong/not needed/missing please let me know.
i want to assure that everything seems fine before updating my guide for L440 with new HotPatch method.
As far as i tried to test stuff,i don`t see something not working,but you might be able to see better than me on this area.
Here you have attached my Data.

Need 'patchmatic -extract' output too (it is a great sanity check to disassemble patchmatic -extract output...)

Note: Unless your SSDTs in ACPI/patched have order dependencies, SortedOrder need not be specified. It is best to avoid order dependencies by combining SSDTs if such dependencies exist.

Need 'patchmatic -extract' output too (it is a great sanity check to disassemble patchmatic -extract output...)

Note: Unless your SSDTs in ACPI/patched have order dependencies, SortedOrder need not be specified. It is best to avoid order dependencies by combining SSDTs if such dependencies exist.

Ok here you have it,if i did it correctly.

Attachments

• Rehabman-Output.zip
    138.5 KB · Views: 69
Ok here you have it,if i did it correctly.

Since you can disassemble clean (with iasl -da -dl *.aml), it means you don't have any conflicts.
So that much is good.
The rest just needs testing (to discover if you patched everything that needs patching).

Note: lately I like to combine SSDTs as much as possible. For example, my NUC repo, u430 repo, etc are down to only a single SSDT...

Since you can disassemble clean (with iasl -da -dl *.aml), it means you don't have any conflicts.
So that much is good.
The rest just needs testing (to discover if you patched everything that needs patching).

Note: lately I like to combine SSDTs as much as possible. For example, my NUC repo, u430 repo, etc are down to only a single SSDT...

Well atleast im proud that i was able to go this far within 3-4 hours of work thanks to your guides made at the perfect level of simplicity.
I really thought that it will be way much harder than it actually was.
As far as i tested things out i can say the system is very stable, everything is working as it did but even better (i even discovered some patches that were needed before and weren`t applied on static patching old method) & also by looking at IOREG i can see that everything that i know so far seems to be loaded so i guess patches are working.

As i understand: you want to say that all those SSDT`s that i have can be merged into 1 single SSDT where everything will be at that SSDT.

Will try to work on that merging area, will go check your repo and see what i can absorb from that.

But what do you think, at this current state of the patching, can you confirm that its ok to update my guide with the current setup, i assume its much better than it was with static patching, and let the Merged SSDT be a future update for Guide (v3).

As i understand: you want to say that all those SSDT`s that i have can be merged into 1 single SSDT where everything will be at that SSDT.

Yes... check out the NUC repo, or u430 repo. They both do the combining in a different way (one uses #include, the other copy/paste)... same result though.

But what do you think, at this current state of the patching, can you confirm that its ok to update my guide with the current setup, i assume its much better than it was with static patching, and let the Merged SSDT be a future update for Guide (v3).

If you say it is working, then it would be a good idea to let others test it...

Yes... check out the NUC repo, or u430 repo. They both do the combining in a different way (one uses #include, the other copy/paste)... same result though.
i Checked but im a bit confused,the NUC repo seems to have specific DSDT per Usage (SSDT-XHC,SSDT,SSDT-HDAU,etc)
Whiie your Y50 and U430 seems to have 1 single SSDT
i tried to do something, but nothing is working yet,laptop boots just fine but i can clearly see that Not a single Thing is working (Brightness,FN Buttons,CPU PM,and th rest that is supposed to be injected with SSDT)
i know i did something wrong but i would love to get some quick look from you and tell me where im wrong and hint me on what to do to fix it.

If you say it is working, then it would be a good idea to let others test it...
With this Current Method of Hotpatch with SSDT`s it`s working Very Good, not a single Issue, but i would love to merge into 1 for easier Management of stuff (less files) and if its more stable too since only 1 SSDT should be loaded instead of 19.

Here i attached the SSDT that i tried to create (to merge them into a single).

Nevermind i noticed that i messed up the SSDT (Was Ending the file Patch after Patch)

Please read next comment where i successfully did it (if i actually did it right,everything seems to be working :thumbup:)

Last edited:
Ok Rehabman, First of all Thank you so much for teaching me to get at this point, without your help, i would`ve never reached this far.
It`s been a year and a half since i joined and i had fun fixing everything/working with you, you are truly Awesome.

Here is my Attempt to Hotpatch with your Latest (Current) method where everything is included into a single SSDT (SSDT-L440)
So far everything seems to be working, while checking step by step your SSDT-Hack from your U430 Repo that was written at the perfection level,
i managed to compile my SSDT-Hack for my L440.

So far everything seems to be working, but it would be my pleasure to have your evaluation for it, to tell me if it seems ok from your side, and if there`s something wrong to let me know and hint me on how to resolve if you find such thing.

EDIT: i see that i added XHC Properties on the SSDT-L440 accidentaly which is wrong since MacBookPRO 11.1 SMBIOS injects them correctly on the plist file from your guide that i checked,so just the rename of H_EC to EC fixes the USB Properties Injection. so assume that i removed that and exclude it from found issues, since i already removed it (fixed)

Just assume that XHC Properties Injection on SSDT-L440 is not there since i already removed.

If you confirm that everything seems to be fine from your side, i guess i can finally have
Seal of Approval for Current ; Featured ; Up to date Guide (by you my Mentor :)) & by your Perfect Guides.

Attached you can find the Files.

Attachments

• Rehabman.zip
    605.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Back