Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Yet DSDT indicates H_EC as per guide - when a fake EC is needed because computer do not have active embedded controller :
Device (H_EC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09")) // _HID: Hardware ID
Name (_UID, One) // _UID: Unique ID
Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized) // _STA: Status
{
Store (0x03, ^^^GFX0.CLID)
Return (Zero)
}
Maybe when you rename EC0 the KP come because appleBusPowerController fails to load - simply because embedded controller is not active on your desktop
Explanation by experts on the forum would be interesting if they can read your PR post !

Indeed, that is what I meant to say (sorry). Since it is returning Zero, I essentially do not have a H_EC is what I meant to say previously.

But EC0 does not return Zero in the Method _STA, hence I thought it might be active.

Should I go ahead and install the Fake EC SSDT do you think and call it a day?

Should I go ahead and install the Fake EC SSDT do you think and call it a day?
Sorry not to have answer.
on post #761 RehabMan indicates that renaming ECO is adequate for a laptop case where both H_EC (inactive) and EC0 are presents
Why your rename caused a KP on your desktop requires more expert than me...

Sorry not to have answer.
on post #761 RehabMan indicates that renaming ECO is adequate for a laptop case where both H_EC (inactive) and EC0 are presents
Why your rename caused a KP on your desktop requires more expert than me...

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Hopefully someone else can help me further.

Hi everyone,
I am having some issues with my laptop where it would not shut down and wake properly when the AC adapter is plugged in. This is very annoying since it just sits at a black screen and runs till the battery dies (unless you hard shutdown/reboot it). Whilst on battery, everything runs flawlessly. After a panic kernel restart, I would get the following messsage (the full file is in the attached files):
Code:
Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep.
This is the message that I see most often.

This didn't mean anything to me until I got the following message once (the full file is in the attached files):
Code:
Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep. Suspected bundle: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily. Thread 0x2f77.

I also got a kernel panic from the AppleSmartBattery.kext once (check attached files).

For some reason, it seems that the cause for this crash is the IOUSBHostFamily. I don't understand why it would be since I have created an SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext and have successfully injected USB power properties. All USBs are working as they should. Attached are some crash logs as well as 'Reporting Files' generated using gen_debug.

Please help me troubleshoot this issue (since it is the only one that is preventing my laptop from fully functioning (apart from some small other issues)). Am I doing something wrong? I think that my USB configuration is correct since it's fully functioning. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Kernel Panic Logs.zip
    18 KB · Views: 107
  • debug_20391.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
@RehabMan I have working USB power injection (confirmed via ioreg that AppleBusPowerController was loaded in my EC device) but I'm having issues with certain devices staying connected. For example, an iPhone 6 will connect and stay connected fine, but newer iPhones (like the iPhone X or iPhone XS) will connect and disconnect over and over again. Sometimes I can get it to work and stay connected, but it seems random.

Is my best bet to just play around with overriding the "CurrentLimit" values with the USBInjectAll kext? My machine is recognized as a MacbookAir6,2 so it is correctly loading those values. Also, my machine uses both XHCI and EHCI - I suppose I could try to disable EHCI and route all ports to XHCI to see if that helps?

Ok, it works fine with my iPad.
But Apple SuperDrive (A1379) doesn't work.
Drive itself is detected by System, but never pulls a disk inside, as it does with a real MacBook Pro (2015 13'').

Should it work?

When I connect my iPad, it gots 4 fields. But this SuperDrive only 3 of them - 500 available, 500 needed and 0 additional operational current.

Is it possible to make this drive work on Hackintosh at all?

Last edited:
Ok, it works fine with my iPad.
But Apple SuperDrive (A1379) doesn't work.
Drive itself is detected by System, but never pulls a disk inside, as it does with a real MacBook Pro (2015 13'').

Should it work?

When I connect my iPad, it gots 4 fields. But this SuperDrive only 3 of them - 500 available, 500 needed and 0 additional operational current.

Is it possible to make this drive work on Hackintosh at all?

This is really off topic. Search Google for "make super drive work on unsupported Macs".

This is really off topic. Search Google for "make super drive work on unsupported Macs".

I already did it. That's why I'm here, cause I've already tried those methods described for real unsupported macs and none of them worked for me.

My question isn't off topic, cause my device is not an "unsupported Mac", but a Hackintosh with SMBIOS of supported Mac (MBP 9,2)

MBP9,2 SMBIOS
Intel 7 mobile chipset on Vaio SVE15115FXS
DSDT edited as per rehabman’s patches and suggestions (dsm properties, renaming)
Laptop has a USB 3.0 port with power share (and 3 legacy USB ports)

Problem:
fakepciid_xhcimux breaks USB charging (iPad says not charging)

I’m assuming this is because ipad only supports usb 2 and it gets rerouted to EHC which doesn’t support charging.

Proof:
Removing that kext, iPad charges (on 3.0 port) but unfortunately my wireless mouse connected to USB 2.0 port stops working.

Can this be remedied somehow?

all usb drives work except my USB-C Thunderbolt how do I get that to work?

Back