Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

I have a similar mobo to you, all i had to do was add the SSDT-EC file and reboot. Did you plug in a USB device and check System Profiler to see if you can see the additional lines? e.g.

Hello all.

I've attempted to make USB power work on ASUS UX330UA i7-6500U and instead of loading AppleBusPowerControllerUSB it loads AppleBusPowerController.

Any info that can help is greatly appreciated

I've attached my debug dump

Attachments

• debug_13389.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 211
Do I need to worry that the injected values are higher than my motherboard supports? Assume the mobo can only provide so much power, so even if the values injected are higher it can’t do any damage?

and instead of loading AppleBusPowerControllerUSB it loads AppleBusPowerController.

Any info that can help is greatly appreciated

Your question is answered in post #1. Please read it carefully.

Not a good idea. You need it.
OK, I have put SSDT-EC.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

I now have 2 SSDT files in patched folder, is that OK? I have put SSDT-EC.aml under SortedOrder in CloverConfigurator (yes, I know you dont use it @RehabMan but it's the only way I know to do it)

When I connect my iPad to a USB3 port I get a notification that "USB device needs power" and I see this in About This Mac

Prob reporting files attached

Attachments

• debug_23771.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 219
I now have 2 SSDT files in patched folder, is that OK?

Nothing wrong with it. Each (SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-UIAC.aml) serve different purposes.

When I connect my iPad to a USB3 port I get a notification that "USB device needs power"

The ioreg you attached shows no iPad connected.
PR files must represent the problem scenario.

Your XHC is missing legacy power properties. Set config.plist/Devices/USB/Inject=true.

The ioreg you attached shows no iPad connected.

Your XHC is missing legacy power properties. Set config.plist/Devices/USB/Inject=true.

I set to "true" and AFAIK have done that correctly, rebooted

Prob reporting files attached with iPad connected. I'm getting this notification:

System information shows this:

Attachments

• debug_23595.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 211
I set to "true" and AFAIK have done that correctly, rebooted

Prob reporting files attached with iPad connected. I'm getting this notification:

View attachment 390671

System information shows this:

View attachment 390672

You might experiment with overrides for the power values.
Also test other ports to see if all are the same.
No further ideas.

Back