Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

yeah, mostly many thanks for your guides and the supports provided by moderators on the website
Without guides and support that would be absolutely impossible for people like me to get knowledge on how computers work and how to build a hackintosh step by step !

You're welcome.

I am trying for USB power property injection and followed the post from @balazs631.
But, I am having issues like sudden shutdown.
I've already created a USB port SSDT-UIAC.aml.
I also notice usb speed is somehow lower, and USB ports not always working.
The big issue is the sudden shutdowns.
Any help/idea?

Attachments

• debug_1289.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 144
@nextsak The sudden shutdowns are mostly not USB related, but graphics.
In your config.plist, under Devices/Properties, the values are looking strange to me. For 8th gen Intel CPU with Radeon RX graphics (where the monitor is plugged in to the RX), you should try:

AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0300923e
device-id: 923e0000

@nextsak The sudden shutdowns are mostly not USB related, but graphics.
In your config.plist, under Devices/Properties, the values are looking strange to me. For 8th gen Intel CPU with Radeon RX graphics (where the monitor is plugged in to the RX), you should try:

AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0300923e
device-id: 923e0000

Monitor is with display port.
The values under devices is from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
Espcecially the section about headless IGPU config.

These are for headless IGPU, too. I think it's worth a try to set my values. It's became offtopic here... :)

These are for headless IGPU, too. I think it's worth a try to set my values. It's became offtopic here... :)
thank you, I will try yours. Sorry for the offtopic

Is it possible to have two usb controllers in UIAC SSDT file? I have two usb controller, one is from Intel and another from ASMedia (named PXSX in DSDT). The intel controller has no problem with UIAC SSDT. The ASMedia is strange as one USB3.1 gen2 port is working but another SD reader (USB2.0) is not. The SD reader is working fine without USB inject all kext. I'm confused now.

NVM.....it is one single mistake posted by another person that I didn't verify before post this......The ASMedia controller works OOB and Intel controller needs USBInjectALL to work properly (charging my iPad). All problem solved! Thanks to this guide!

Last edited:
Are you new to hackintosh? Are you confused?

Perhaps a read of @balazs631 post here might help:

I am not that new, but I am confused, this really pushes my experience level

I am trying to get USB power working correctly. What I have done so far:

1. With help of @RehabMan created SSDT-UIAC.aml to remove unwanted USB ports and keep within recommended limit (this was done some time ago and appears to be stable and working well)
  2. Looking at more basic guide from @balazs631 I looked in ioreg and I don't think the "EC" value shows there. This is where I am looking:

3. I used MaciASL as per the simplified guide, searched for "Device (H_EC)" which is "returning zero" and I see that as shown here:

4. I added "SSDT-EC.aml" from @balazs631 guide to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and rebooted. I opened IOReg Explorer, I still don't see EC

5. I have now removed "SSDT-EC.aml" from EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and rebooted before generating problem reporting files attached.

I hope the expert can help me start from the beginning to get this fixed. I have tried!

Attachments

• debug_23163.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Back