Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

So can we decrease the maximum current via modification towards the SSDT, that is, changing the "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit" and "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit" values to less ones?

I have no idea the purpose/meaning of these values. For you to experiment with.

And here is another, based on the USBX we find in MacBookPro14,3:
Code:
// USB power properties via USBX device
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "USBX", 0)
{
Device(_SB.USBX)
{
Name(_ADR, 0)
Method (_DSM, 4)
{
If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
Return (Package()
{
// these values from MacBookPro14,3
"kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 3000,
"kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 3000,
})
}
}
}
//EOF
Y
Hi, sorry in advance for my noob question concerning the goal of the patch and if it is mandatory
I still do not patch USB power properties (laptop is dell 5379 2+1)
my USB ports are powered - system Info shown up currentAvailable 500mA
sleep/wake is OK even when usb powered devices are connected to the laptop
I understand from guide I need to rename ECDV to EC and add SSDT-USBX to make macos managed usb power.
If true, is the goal of the patch concerns only sleep mode ?
How to set values inside SSDT-USBX (need to take same values given in exemple ?)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Noted ! done

As per FAQ, laptop details must be in the three main profile fields (Motherboard/CPU/Graphics).
Please read the FAQ carefully.

Hi, at first, sorry for profile mistakes, hope it is well fixed now

I found ECDV EC device in DSDT with Name _HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09")
Renamed it to EC with clover, not sure it is good because not ECO or H_EC ?
Added power property to SSDT-UIAC.aml with MacbookAir values - sleep is OK (no wake from trackpad/keyboard, only lid open and laptop power button work to resume sleep, but maybe not tied to usb power) - Higher MacBook Pro values make wake issue when sleep

In System Information I see the 4 lines with injected values when an iPhone is plugged : Current Available / Current Required / Extra Operating Current / Sleep current (mA)
When connected laptop to android phone, the "sleep current line" is missing and the "Current Available/required" stay 500 mA
Is it because AppleBusPowerController only manage apple devices and android devices do not need more power or is there a misconfiguration from me ?

Attachments

• debug_26258.zip
    7 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hi, at first, sorry for profile mistakes, hope it is well fixed now

I found ECDV EC device in DSDT with Name _HID, EisaId ("PNP0C09")
Renamed it to EC with clover, not sure it is good because not ECO or H_EC ?
Added power property to SSDT-UIAC.aml with MacbookAir values - sleep is OK (no wake from trackpad/keyboard, only lid open and laptop power button work to resume sleep, but maybe not tied to usb power) - Higher MacBook Pro values make wake issue when sleep

In System Information I see the 4 lines with injected values when an iPhone is plugged : Current Available / Current Required / Extra Operating Current / Sleep current (mA)
When connected laptop to android phone, the "sleep current line" is missing and the "Current Available/required" stay 500 mA
Is it because AppleBusPowerController only manage apple devices and android devices do not need more power or is there a misconfiguration from me ?

With MacBookPro14,x, you should use USBX for USB power property settings.
Read post #1.

sorry, was missing USBInjectAll.kext method concerns only supported SMBIOS
seems OK now when connecting iPhone : USB port offers default 500 mA, current required indicates 500mA and USB provide extra 1600mA - do not have sleep/wake issue for now (except wake from keyboard/trackpad not working)
Thanks

Attachments

• debug_1690.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 85
sorry, was missing USBInjectAll.kext method concerns only supported SMBIOS
seems OK now when connecting iPhone : USB port offers default 500 mA, current required indicates 500mA and USB provide extra 1600mA - do not have sleep/wake issue for now (except wake from keyboard/trackpad not working)
Thanks

Nice to hear it is working as you expect.

Nice to hear it is working as you expect.
yeah, mostly many thanks for your guides and the supports provided by moderators on the website
Without guides and support that would be absolutely impossible for people like me to get knowledge on how computers work and how to build a hackintosh step by step !

Back