Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

No idea what you mean by "nieces correctly", but you should look under the EC node.
Sorry, was meant to be "injected" not "nieces", autocorrect.

I believe I have got this working, but I am a little unsure as I had 'EC0' showing in ioreg to start with, but I also had 'H_EC' returning zero from _STA when I looked in maciASL.

In the end, I used SSDT-EC.dsl to create a fake EC, then I renamed 'H_EC' to 'EC' in clover. Should I also have added the patch to rename 'EC0' to 'EC'?

I also specified power property overrides using USBInjectAll.kext by adding the relevant details to my SSDT-UIAC.aml file.

I will attach my debug output, any help would be appreciated, hopefully I have explained what I did well enough.

Thank you

Attachments

• debug_10241.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 72
I believe I have got this working, but I am a little unsure as I had 'EC0' showing in ioreg to start with, but I also had 'H_EC' returning zero from _STA when I looked in maciASL.

In the end, I used SSDT-EC.dsl to create a fake EC, then I renamed 'H_EC' to 'EC' in clover. Should I also have added the patch to rename 'EC0' to 'EC'?

I also specified power property overrides using USBInjectAll.kext by adding the relevant details to my SSDT-UIAC.aml file.

I will attach my debug output, any help would be appreciated, hopefully I have explained what I did well enough.

Thank you

Your ioreg shows EC0 active.
You should remove SSDT-EC.aml, and add a patch to rename EC0->EC (no ECDT to get in the way of that).
Contrary to your claim, you have no H_EC->EC patch (and you don't want/need one either).

Note: iMac18,3 uses USBX to specify power properties... you really need to read post #1 carefully.

Your ioreg shows EC0 active.
You should remove SSDT-EC.aml, and add a patch to rename EC0->EC (no ECDT to get in the way of that).
Contrary to your claim, you have no H_EC->EC patch (and you don't want/need one either).

Note: iMac18,3 uses USBX to specify power properties... you really need to read post #1 carefully.

Thank you for the reply!

I have tried to add the patch for EC0 -> EC, but it does not seem to have any effect. Am I applying the patch correctly? You said I had not applied the patch for H_EC->EC previously, but in the config.plist of the last debug output I could see the relevant section under ‘Kernel And Kext Patches’, so am I applying this incorrectly? I have attached a new debug output after trying to patch EC0 -> EC, and removing SSDT-EC.aml.

I also added a USBX device in my SSDT-UIAC.aml file. Do I also need to specify a power override in that file as shown in the end of post #1 ? I have done so for now, but I’m not sure if I am supposed to do that or not. I have spent quite a lot of time reading post #1, so I am sorry if I am missing something obvious!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_27873 EC0-EC NO SSDT-EC.aml.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
Thank you for the reply!

I have tried to add the patch for EC0 -> EC, but it does not seem to have any effect. Am I applying the patch correctly? You said I had not applied the patch for H_EC->EC previously, but in the config.plist of the last debug output I could see the relevant section under ‘Kernel And Kext Patches’, so am I applying this incorrectly? I have attached a new debug output after trying to patch EC0 -> EC, and removing SSDT-EC.aml.

I also added a USBX device in my SSDT-UIAC.aml file. Do I also need to specify a power override in that file as shown in the end of post #1 ? I have done so for now, but I’m not sure if I am supposed to do that or not. I have spent quite a lot of time reading post #1, so I am sorry if I am missing something obvious!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

KernelAndKextPatches is not for ACPI patches.
ACPI patches are in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Thank you!

I think I have it correct now. I could not work out the exact format to combine SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml, but I think it's now working. I have a few random kernel panics now, but they may not be related, so I will start a different post.

Thanks again for your help.

It looks like the kernel panics I am getting during boot may be related to the ACPI patch EC0 -> EC. I disabled the patch for a few days, and the panics stopped, I re-enabled the patch and the panics immediately started again during boot.

The system will restart a few times, kernel panicking a few seconds after the clover screen, then eventually it will successfully boot.

I have attached debug info, any help would be appreciated. For now, I have disabled the patch, and removed the USBX device from my SSDT-UIAC.aml file and things are fine. Debug was done whilst patch was active and USBX device was present.

Attachments

• debug_21446.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 82
Back