Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Can you check again? I have uploaded new files, thanks.

If your intention is to merge SSDT-USBX.aml with SSDT-UIAC.aml, that work is obviously not done.

If your intention is to merge SSDT-USBX.aml with SSDT-UIAC.aml, that work is obviously not done.

I want to confirm that my USB settings are ok, then I merge again. Anyway, I have done one by refer to your intel-NUC DSDT, , Can you see if there is any problem?

I noticed that you used a new method "#include", then the DefinitionBlock is not needed which is pretty cool. I will lean it after everything is working on my laptop or after installing macOS Mojave.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB_P5520.aml
    497 bytes · Views: 125
I want to confirm that my USB settings are ok, then I merge again. Anyway, I have done one by refer to your intel-NUC DSDT, , Can you see if there is any problem?

I noticed that you used a new method "#include", then the DefinitionBlock is not needed which is pretty cool. I will lean it after everything is working on my laptop or after installing macOS Mojave.

The combo USBX/UIAC you attached looks ok.

Hi, RehabMan. Thank you for your job.
I am trying to do some post-install patch. Cause I did not find anything about the sequence that I can follow.

So I was trying to

1. fix the graphics. (Done)
2. fix the usb inject with ssd-uiac.aml (actually I am using the-darkvoid's ssd-uiac.aml)(Done)
3. then I am going to patch the usb power here. After I finish rename ECDV to EC. The USBX doesn't come out in my IOReg.

Is there something wrong with my operations?

BTW. My laptop sometime hang out right now. Then after restart the wifi cannot be enabled. Must using a cold restart to reenable it . Maybe it is with the bluetooth problem? I cannot tell right now.

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_21884.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
3. then I am going to patch the usb power here. After I finish rename ECDV to EC. The USBX doesn't come out in my IOReg.
Is there something wrong with my operations?

You have no SSDT-USBX.aml.
Read post #1.

BTW. My laptop sometime hang out right now. Then after restart the wifi cannot be enabled. Must using a cold restart to reenable it . Maybe it is with the bluetooth problem? I cannot tell right now.

Off-topic.

Hi RehabMan, I'm trying to follow your guide and I have added the SSDT-EC.aml since I didn't have EC in my IOreg and can charge my ipad. However, the mA seem very slow at 500. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IOreg.ioreg
    10.4 MB · Views: 108
  • patched.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 99
  • System DSDT.dsl
    515.3 KB · Views: 88
Wow!!! It only took me about 6 hours to get this working along with building the SSDT-UIAC file, but it was absolutely worth the time and patience! I like to use my iPad as an additional monitor and it was driving me insane having to disconnect and charge it every 6 hours with a power brick. I learned a lot in the process of working through this and I want to genuinely thank you @RehabMan for providing your knowledge to the community.

Maybe some day I'll figure out why my rig crashes 20% of the time when booting. For now I'm going to eat for the first time today and continue along working in UE4/learning c++.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Untitled 3.png
    Untitled 3.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 161
Wow!!! It only took me about 6 hours to get this working along with building the SSDT-UIAC file, but it was absolutely worth the time and patience! I like to use my iPad as an additional monitor and it was driving me insane having to disconnect and charge it every 6 hours with a power brick. I learned a lot in the process of working through this and I want to genuinely thank you @RehabMan for providing your knowledge to the community.

Nice to hear you were successful. You're welcome....

Back