Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

So thanks for the Guide and thanks for the reply!
Now...that I have "USB power properties working just fine" is there a way to NOT have the USB thumb drives turn hot when they're plugged in? They still somehow get a little too hot. I mean if I press my fingers it gets too much...maybe 60°/70°??
Thanks for your help.

So thanks for the Guide and thanks for the reply!
Now...that I have "USB power properties working just fine" is there a way to NOT have the USB thumb drives turn hot when they're plugged in? They still somehow get a little too hot. I mean if I press my fingers it gets too much...maybe 60°/70°??
Thanks for your help.

No idea.
Probably not related to this guide...
Suggest you check the same devices in a real Mac.

Which device/port is losing connection?
I also checked on Windows and no BT there either.

I checked the USB ports and I saw the same port problem here. Probably this not general USB 2.0 problem but what can I do fix this problem?

IMG_0331.JPG

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
ok so you go around playing jokes

It can't be. Everything working under HS without any problem.

You stated yourself it is not working on Windows.
Get it working on Windows first (maybe you didn't install proper drivers, or maybe the hardware has failed lately).
For you to investigate.

Summary:
- if the PC has an EC, name it 'EC' and AppleBusPowerControllerUSB will load.

I find this EC IOName but where and what I have to change to EC?

Hi RehabMan,

I am a new hacker. From this thread and the config-HD630*.plist you provided, there 3 ways to implement USB power property injection for machines with EC device:
  1. Change EC0 to EC;
  2. Change H_EC to EC;
  3. Chang ECDV to EC.
However, the third(ECDV to EC) method you did not mention on this tutorial(mention in the comment). For the third method, can I understand this: there's some left laptops use ECDV for the Embedded Controller?

More Important:
In my DSDT.aml(see attachment), there are 2 kind of EC devices: ECDV and H_EC(return zero). How should I patch this situation? Can you help me to check?

Attachments

• origin - HackXiong.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 72
Back