Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

hello @RehabMan

with the help of this guide (fake ec controller) n port injection in AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext (6 ports)
so now the ports are loaded in EC (please have a look in ioreg in the archive)
through dsdt patches (through clover)

so please can u guide me as to which kext I should insert the power property manually (kusbportcurrent)
(as I have no plans for upgrading/updating the os in this built, hence no override issues .. please correct me if I am wrong)

thank you.

EC is a bad name choice for an EHCI controller. Recommend EH01/EH02, as that is what USBInjectAll.kext requires.

Power properties are now loaded under EC though (not the EC that is really an ECHI...).

Hi,

I often use USK Keys to copy things around, install OS and I noticed they get hot.
They've a metal construction, so they transfer heat quickly and effectively.
So in MacOS they get really hot, in Windows they don't.

I've implemented the USB SSDT as per RehabMan guide but I never considered the USB power at something to look after.
I've added the screenshots of 3 different devices plugged in the USB 3.0 of my Gigabyte Z370N WiFi.

I've also added the IOReg of my machine.
Are those mVolts too high? Should I look after the USB power?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• USB 2.0 Internal Bluetooth.png
    USB 2.0 Internal Bluetooth.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Some Brand USB 3.0 to SATA.png
    Some Brand USB 3.0 to SATA.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Kingston USB KEY.png
    Kingston USB KEY.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Gigabyte Z370N WiFi ZZmadd.ioreg.zip
    733.2 KB · Views: 78
Hi,

I often use USK Keys to copy things around, install OS and I noticed they get hot.
They've a metal construction, so they transfer heat quickly and effectively.
So in MacOS they get really hot, in Windows they don't.

I've implemented the USB SSDT as per RehabMan guide but I never considered the USB power at something to look after.
I've added the screenshots of 3 different devices plugged in the USB 3.0 of my Gigabyte Z370N WiFi.

I've also added the IOReg of my machine.
Are those mVolts too high? Should I look after the USB power?

Thanks for your help.

Your ioreg proves you did not follow post #1.

@RehabMan can I ask Mojave USB2.0 problem in here ('cause title is saying Sierra and later) or should I open the new thread on Mojave Desktop Support?

@RehabMan can I ask Mojave USB2.0 problem in here ('cause title is saying Sierra and later) or should I open the new thread on Mojave Desktop Support?

This guide applies to Mojave as well.
But it has nothing to do with USB2.

This guide applies to Mojave as well.
But it has nothing to do with USB2.

While I using it suddenly I am losing USB2.0 port connection. I have combo WIFI-BT and Bluetooth using internal USB2.0 port for connection. I am using PMHeart USB port patch with your Inject.kext. But I didn't figure it out why this happening? Can you look at my files what is going on?

I forgot I am also using SSDT.UIAC.aml.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 125
While I using it suddenly I am losing USB2.0 port connection. I have combo WIFI-BT and Bluetooth using internal USB2.0 port for connection. I am using PMHeart USB port patch with your Inject.kext. But I didn't figure it out why this happening? Can you look at my files what is going on?

I forgot I am also using SSDT.UIAC.aml.

Which device/port is losing connection?

Your ioreg proves you did not follow post #1.

No I did not.
In fact I asked two questions:
"Are those mVolts too high? Should I look after the USB power?"

Then if the answer is yes I go back to post 1 and implement the change.
Thanks!

No I did not.
In fact I asked two questions:
"Are those mVolts too high? Should I look after the USB power?"

Then if the answer is yes I go back to post 1 and implement the change.
Thanks!

This thread is not for random questions.
Expectation is that users posting here have followed post #1.

Which device/port is losing connection?
HS09
HS10
HS14

These 3 USB2.0 port are affecting each other. Here is what happens; On HS10 connected my iPhone charge cable. When I connect my iPhone to this port and my magic mouse BT connection lose and BT says No Hardware. I don't know how but, motherboard rear USB2.0 port is affecting internal USB2.0 port while using it somehow?

Back