Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Do you think the 2.4GHz signal of the WiFi could be interfering with the wireless mouse's 2.4GHz receiver?

Yes.
Especially with high network traffic.

If that were true, then it should happen with everybody on every laptop, and it should happen with Windows on my laptop too, right?

I notice interference from my router with my Logitech mouse (on my desktop) when there is any active 2.4Ghz traffic (even from computers far away). And that is both on Windows and macOS. My router is too close to my desktop work area. I suppose it may vary depending on the channel picked for WiFi as well.

Hi @RehabMan,

Can you please tell me if I have appropriate iMac 17,1 Power Injection? Thank you very much. (USBX in Clover/Patched).

This is on a background of my USB powered speakers 'popping' and I suspect power is the issue.

Attachments

• Wolfies MacPro909 .ioreg
    11.9 MB · Views: 161
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 154
Yes.
Especially with high network traffic.

I notice interference from my router with my Logitech mouse (on my desktop) when there is any active 2.4Ghz traffic (even from computers far away). And that is both on Windows and macOS. My router is too close to my desktop work area. I suppose it may vary depending on the channel picked for WiFi as well.

Hello RehabMan,

Just now, the mouse was acting crazy like I described earlier. I immediately tried your suggestion to switch off WiFi. It did not make a difference. I went further and switched off bluetooth, removed all other USB devices, moved my phone and external monitor to somewhere far away. My WiFi access point is anyway very far away. Basically, I made sure there were no wireless devices or any other electronic devices close by. The crazy mouse behaviour persisted.

This behaviour is exactly like how the external mouse behaves if the receiver is plugged in to an external USB hub (those dongles which convert one USB port to multiple).

I don't see this behaviour on Windows, which is what makes this even more puzzling.

Hello RehabMan,

Just now, the mouse was acting crazy like I described earlier. I immediately tried your suggestion to switch off WiFi. It did not make a difference. I went further and switched off bluetooth, removed all other USB devices, moved my phone and external monitor to somewhere far away. My WiFi access point is anyway very far away. Basically, I made sure there were no wireless devices or any other electronic devices close by. The crazy mouse behaviour persisted.

This behaviour is exactly like how the external mouse behaves if the receiver is plugged in to an external USB hub (those dongles which convert one USB port to multiple).

I don't see this behaviour on Windows, which is what makes this even more puzzling.

Microwave making some popcorn?

Haha! No, not really. No microwave in the vicinity. No cordless landline phone nearby either.

Set your router to 5ghz only. Then see if the problem still happens.

Set your router to 5ghz only. Then see if the problem still happens.
Sorry Rehabman, can you help me find info for macbook pro 14,1
I can't find it, info to build SSDT-USBX

Attachments

• Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2018-05-10 lúc 09.53.49.png
    Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2018-05-10 lúc 09.53.49.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2018-05-10 lúc 09.56.34.png
    Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2018-05-10 lúc 09.56.34.png
    477 KB · Views: 147
Sorry Rehabman, can you help me find info for macbook pro 14,1
I can't find it, info to build SSDT-USBX

You would need an ioreg or ACPI set from a MacBookPro14,1.

Note that MacBookPro14,3 values are in post #1. It is quite likely that MacBookPro14,1 values are the same.

Last edited:
Back