Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

I have problem with one usb 3.0. When i connect it directly to usb port, it say usb need power. If i plug into usb hub it work flawlessly. Also try this usb with my PC hack or another usb 3.0 with laptop it work without problem. Any help would be appreciated.

This ioreg shows 7-series (no 7-series hardware in your profile... please fix).
7-series typically requires FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
And also read here for port configuration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

This ioreg shows 7-series (no 7-series hardware in your profile... please fix).
7-series typically requires FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.
And also read here for port configuration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
Sr i just update profile. Try FakePCIID_XHCIMux and discovery port again, now all work perfect. One more question, what chipsets require this kext? I read this thread above and notice that skylake and later have only xhci controller, so may be this kext require for all older chipset series?

Last edited:
Sr i just update profile. Try FakePCCID_XHCIMux and discovery port again, now all work perfect. One more question, what chipsets require this kext? I read this thread above and notice that skylake and later have only xhci controller, so may be this kext require for all older chipset series?

7-series typically FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext beneficial.

Hello RehabMan,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. Please tell me off in your usual manner if I am completely off-topic. :p

On my Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB, I have a weird problem with any wireless keyboard and mouse, which has a USB receiver. The mouse movement is very erratic and all over the place, hard to control with any kind of precision. The behaviour is similar to when you use the mouse from very far away from the receiver. The problem becomes even more pronounced when there is a device connected to the second USB port, like an external hard disk. (The laptop has only 2 USB 3.0 ports). Especially, when there is any kind of heavy data transfer happening on the external hard disk, the mouse becomes virtually uncontrollable, and the keyboard does not register some keypresses. The built-in touch pad and keyboard work fine.

I have tried swapping the USB port to which the devices are connected. I have tried installing brand new Duracell batteries in the mouse and keyboard. It has not helped.

The problem is NOT there on Windows.

This made me suspect that the current output of the USB ports may be limited on Mac. I thought that maybe the USB receiver is not getting enough current from the USB port.

Yesterday, I implemented the steps in this thread's guide. I already had the SSDT-UIAC.dsl. I think I have done everything related to USB which is recommended by you.

But the problem is still there. Could you please tell me what could be the problem?

The usual "Problem reporting files" are attached. OS: 10.13.4 .

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_24655.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 154
Hello RehabMan,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. Please tell me off in your usual manner if I am completely off-topic. :p

On my Lenovo Yoga 710-15IKB, I have a weird problem with any wireless keyboard and mouse, which has a USB receiver. The mouse movement is very erratic and all over the place, hard to control with any kind of precision. The behaviour is similar to when you use the mouse from very far away from the receiver. The problem becomes even more pronounced when there is a device connected to the second USB port, like an external hard disk. (The laptop has only 2 USB 3.0 ports). Especially, when there is any kind of heavy data transfer happening on the external hard disk, the mouse becomes virtually uncontrollable, and the keyboard does not register some keypresses. The built-in touch pad and keyboard work fine.

I have tried swapping the USB port to which the devices are connected. I have tried installing brand new Duracell batteries in the mouse and keyboard. It has not helped.

The problem is NOT there on Windows.

This made me suspect that the current output of the USB ports may be limited on Mac. I thought that maybe the USB receiver is not getting enough current from the USB port.

Yesterday, I implemented the steps in this thread's guide. I already had the SSDT-UIAC.dsl. I think I have done everything related to USB which is recommended by you.

But the problem is still there. Could you please tell me what could be the problem?

The usual "Problem reporting files" are attached. OS: 10.13.4 .

Thanks.

Does it still happen if you turn off WiFi?

BTW... You might look at my suggestions for your hotpatch in the I2C thread.

Note also: SSDT-SMBUS.aml not applicable to your hardware. Neither is SSDT-IMEI. AptioMemoryFix.efi recommended over OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (and if using OsxAptioFix*.efi, you likely need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).

Hi @RehabMan I don't seem to have EC, H_EC or EC0 in my DSDT (I searched the best I could), so I created a fake EC device with the SSDT-EC.aml in my EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ folder. AppleBusPowerControllerUSB did not load. So I added the SSDT-USBX,aml to the ACPI/patched folder. However, AppleBusPowerControllerUSB still does not load. Any way to address this problem please?

Attachments

• debug_854.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
Hi @RehabMan I don't seem to have EC, H_EC or EC0 in my DSDT (I searched the best I could), so I created a fake EC device with the SSDT-EC.aml in my EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ folder. AppleBusPowerControllerUSB did not load. So I added the SSDT-USBX,aml to the ACPI/patched folder. However, AppleBusPowerControllerUSB still does not load. Any way to address this problem please?

As per post #1, AppleBusPowerControllerUSB not expected with High Sierra.
Look in your ioreg and you find AppleBusPowerController under the EC node.

As per post #1, AppleBusPowerControllerUSB not expected with High Sierra.
Look in your ioreg and you find AppleBusPowerController under the EC node.

Thanks for the quick reply! I see. So does that mean all is well with my USB Power setup?

Does it still happen if you turn off WiFi?

BTW... You might look at my suggestions for your hotpatch in the I2C thread.

Note also: SSDT-SMBUS.aml not applicable to your hardware. Neither is SSDT-IMEI. AptioMemoryFix.efi recommended over OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (and if using OsxAptioFix*.efi, you likely need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).

Hello RehabMan.

Thank you for your recommendations. I have implemented them all. The new "problem reporting files" are attached.

Regarding your question about turning off WiFi, I have not tried that. I will try that and report back tomorrow.

Do you think the 2.4GHz signal of the WiFi could be interfering with the wireless mouse's 2.4GHz receiver? If that were true, then it should happen with everybody on every laptop, and it should happen with Windows on my laptop too, right?

Attachments

• debug_32242.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
Back