Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] USB flash drive installation optional dual boot Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i was using an older version. Anyway i got till the iboot screen. But when i select the SL partition the screen goes black and the fan runs on full speed...

tyro said:
I think i was using an older version. Anyway i got till the iboot screen. But when i select the SL partition the screen goes black and the fan runs on full speed...
Yeah man I had the exact same problem! Have you gotten any luck on finding the fix by now?

3)After unzipping, open Terminal and go into in the i386 directory

Newbee question:

How do I "...go into in the i386 directory"?

I have a macbook and where is this i386.

It's a folder in the Chameleon package.

SC

Following the steps on the first post all I get when I try to boot is:
Code:
boot0:GPT
boot0:testing
boot0:testing
boot0:done
boot1:error_
Using iBoot 3.1.1.

Suggestions?

SC

For me iBoot seems to be working perfectly fine but as soon I try to enter OS X installer my GPU fan goes max and my screen goes to sleep, is this a problem with the fact that I'm using USB (tried both with USB and a harddrive connected via SATA and the same problem using both). It's quite annoying really. My specs are the following:

Sandy Bridge Core i7 2600k
Asus P8P67 (P67 chipset)
Asus DirectCu HD6870
16GB 1600MHz ram

Edit: I were suspecting the problem were that I couldn't download the latest version of chameleon (got some no access error on the site) so I used rc4, however I tried using Chimera instead following the same instructions (but changing to fdisk440) and now it actually seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back