Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Whenever I try this, the boot from USB fails. In verbose mode it'll hang and restart at some sort of ipod driver.
I've done Legacy USB, Laptop, Both, and None in the Unibeast options. A restart (Or hang) every time.
I'm upgrading from an already installed Mavericks on an AMD FX series processor. Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
Any suggestions?

I installed Clover and iCloud works now. :)

Thank you so much for this update. I installed my version without problems.
Except one thing: I cannot sign into iCloud. Which wouldn't be a problem but it is required in order to install some apps and updates.

I am pretty sure I am entering my password correct. This is my set up:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...osvks-ga-z87mx-d3h-i7-4770k-osx-10-8-5-a.html

I guess this is related to the problem with iMessage. Unfortunately this has expanded now to other areas, like AppStore and other iCloud related apps. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Carlos.

Is there anything additional I should be doing if I'm upgrading directly from 10.6.8?

Gershy i got into the Installer by booting with -v -x -f and it booted into the installer I'm installing doing a fresh install tho :headbang::thumbup:

Hi guys

I am still getting the "can't find mac kernel" error

I have followed the instructions to the T.

i dont know how to do the above.... -v -x -f thing... could somebody explain this please.

thank you

I'm getting an error = 107 Malformed bundle for KeynoteConverterXPCService32.xpc, PagesConverterXPCService32.xpc and NumberConverterXPCService32.xpc; is there anything specific I should be doing here?

Please what caused these Panics and how can I rectify the problems?

See attached images.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Panic_2.jpg
    Panic_2.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Panic_1.jpg
    Panic_1.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 227
Do we use the same exact steps to upgrade from Mountain Lion to Yosemite or would anything have to be done differently?

Just wanted to say THANK YOU GUYS ! You Rock ! My 2 years old CustoMac Pro (from your buyers guide 2 years ago) works flawlessly :) I performed update from Mountain Lion (!!!) and everything went great.Of course except one small issue which I had already with ML. On first boot, installation was stuck at loading bar. I had to boot yosemite into safe mode and install drivers using multi beast. After that operation, everything works great !!

Having trouble with first boot after update.

I cloned my Mavericks system so I could test, followed the instructions from the first page, booted using -x -f -v, installed Yosemeti over Mavericks. Successful install, boot again from the USB - but cannot boot into Yosemti to run Multibeast. The farthest I have gotten is by using kext-dev-mode=1 -v, which gets me to a screen that tells me it was not installed correctly and with four choices (reboot, restart, etc) and then soon after the entire system shuts down. What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing?

Back